Author Topic: Trims not made at the right place  (Read 19527 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:57:48 AM »
BTW, many times the Key Frame will be frozen for a second before the video "split" begins playing.

Disappointing! It sounds like the trimming functionality on this product is unreliable. Since the trims aren't made at precise locations, it lacks accuracy and makes it nearly impossible to achieve specific edits. You're basically left to best discussion post writing service chance unless you get lucky. This definitely limits the editing flexibility.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 04:01:49 PM »
That means it has no accuracy at all, you're at the mercy of the key frame. Splitting is impossible with this product except through dumb luck.

Assuming we are talking about SolveigMM Video Splitter, it is not the case, as by default markers and cursor can only be set to K-Frame positions, thus you get what you see.
Moreover we are working on frame accuracy editing. MPEg-2 can be edited to frame. Next will be AVI.

BTW, many times the Key Frame will be frozen for a second before the video "split" begins playing.

Could you provide us with the sample?

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 04:37:52 AM »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 04:27:45 AM »

AVI trimmer operates with Key frame accuracy.

That means it has no accuracy at all, you're at the mercy of the key frame. Splitting is impossible with this product except through dumb luck.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 07:56:02 AM »
Hello Bob,

Thank you for your post.
Yes you correctly noticed that end of fragment position you can set with frame accuracy. Here is description how K-Frame accuracy works
http://www.solveigmm.com/forum/index.php?topic=2332.msg5924#msg5924

Yes, Splitter 2.1 has frame accuracy mode for MPEG-2 files.
As for plans, currently we are implementing MPEG-2 AVC in MPEG-2 TS (eg. AVC HD) frame accuracy editing.
MPEG-1 is also in nearest plans. Then we of course add AVI and WMV frame accuracy. Two, three months and everything has to operate.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:59:59 PM »
Hi Dmitry,

I thought I'd ask since your last reply to this question is fairly old.   I am currently evaluating Video Splitter 2.1.812.1 and it still seems to only be key frame accurate.  Is this the case?  The funny thing is, the end marker of a section seems to edit frame-accurate, it's just the start that is not.  I read a few other posts that implied you were working on frame-accurate editing, at least for MPEG1 and 2.  I am mostly working with DivX and Xvid MPEG4 files.  Can you please tell me what the current situation is or what is planned in the near future?

Thanks,
Tai

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 10:39:54 AM »
Quote from: "rcalinjageman"
I've tried using Solveig AVI trim to trim an AVI encoded with the XVid Mpeg4 codec.  

I've noticed that the trims are not made at the flags set, but usually at the nearest 10s mark prior to the start flag.  For example, if I ask for a trim starting at 15s, the resulting file will actually start at 10s.  If I ask for a trim staring at 5s, the resulting file will not be trimmed at all (seems to round down to 0s).

Is this what is meant by not having 'frame-accurate' trimming?  Is this a problem only with MPeg4?  I don't need frame-accurate, but second accurate is a must.

Bob

Hello Bob,

Thank you for the feedback.

AVI trimmer operates with Key frame accuracy.

For more info please read this post:
http://www.elecard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4439#4439
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 03:32:28 PM »
I've tried using Solveig AVI trim to trim an AVI encoded with the XVid Mpeg4 codec.  

I've noticed that the trims are not made at the flags set, but usually at the nearest 10s mark prior to the start flag.  For example, if I ask for a trim starting at 15s, the resulting file will actually start at 10s.  If I ask for a trim staring at 5s, the resulting file will not be trimmed at all (seems to round down to 0s).

Is this what is meant by not having 'frame-accurate' trimming?  Is this a problem only with MPeg4?  I don't need frame-accurate, but second accurate is a must.

Bob