Author Topic: blank preview screen on playing video  (Read 11196 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:07:50 PM »
Hello heyricardo,

As I have understood the issue was already fixed.

If there will be any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 04:11:50 AM »
Hi, I am back to the same problem as described in my first post.
No playback options work; I have installed and updated KLPC as you suggested, but nothing happened.
Also, this happens with all videos, even cuts made with this splitter which used to work. It's definitely not a video problem.
The type of videos can vary also, WMV or H264 AVC1.

If it happens that it shows a frame after changing playback options, occasionally, it goes blank right away as soon as I hit play.
What could I do?

I have run another installation of this program, hoping it would overwrite something wrong (without uninstalling it). Nothing.

PS
working! I don't know exactly among the things I did what solved. A run of ccleaner. Probably.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:12:15 AM by heyricardo »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 12:09:06 AM »
Great, it works if I select VMR9 or EVR.
Thank you so much, also I will keep your other valuable suggestions for future reference.
Everything is fine now, best regards

Ricardo

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:37:49 PM »
Hello heyricardo,

Thank you for your post.

Please try to go to Tools -> Preferences -> Playback Settings tab and select other video renderers. Possibly with other options you will be able to playback the video correctly.

If this will not help please try to install K-lite codec pack. You can dowwnload it at:

http://www.codecguide.com/download_k-lite_codec_pack_full.htm

If the issue remains after this could you please upload  for us the file you have tried to playback to any file host service, e.g. Google drive or Dropbox.com?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »
If I load a video and position the cursor for marking I can see the selectd frame, but if I want to play the video I can't see anything, just hear the audio track over blank screen.

Is it wanted or what's wrong? I had a trial which expired, so I thought it was due to it.

Now I have a regular license, which unlocked the program. But this problem stayed.
Not sure it could be due to this, just pointing out for sake of completeness.

thanx, ricardo