Author Topic: Solveig Video Splitter 1.2.705.x crashes after Microsoft ..  (Read 16317 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 08:29:36 PM »
Quote from: "kpl1949"
Quote from: "Dmitry Vergeles"
Dear Klaus,

Please try to install version 2.0 and check it. Really there was an installation problem with Vista but now it is fixed, so get the latest version from our website.

Please let us know of the results. Thank you.

Thank you , Dmitry, for your response  (and the separate email).
Unfortunately, the installation problem remains. Meanwhile I also purchased version 2 (upgrade) hoping to get a most current download link - but it's the same file from March 4th I downloaded before - and installation under Vista fails (same message: OS not supported). I also found that the download link on your website is the same one as the one you sent with your email.

Best regards,
Klaus

Hello Klaus,

Please try again. Direc link -
http://www.solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_2_0.zip

Zip should contain - SolveigMM Video Splitter 2.0.803.14.exe.
This version has to operate properly on Vista.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 11:40:34 AM »
Quote from: "Dmitry Vergeles"
Dear Klaus,

Please try to install version 2.0 and check it. Really there was an installation problem with Vista but now it is fixed, so get the latest version from our website.

Thank you , Dmitry, for your response  (and the separate email).
Unfortunately, the installation problem remains. Meanwhile I also purchased version 2 (upgrade) hoping to get a most current download link - but it's the same file from March 4th I downloaded before - and installation under Vista fails (same message: OS not supported). I also found that the download link on your website is the same one as the one you sent with your email.

Best regards,
Klaus

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:30:27 PM »
Dear Klaus,

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 02:14:50 PM »
... automatic Updates (March 2008).
On my Vista computer SolveigMM Video Splitter crashes after some automatic Microsoft Updates (unfortunately: trying to install your new version 2.x of Video Splitter fails because the installer reports 'Operation system not supported').

I also tried to reproduce the crash of version 1.2.705.x on a 2nc PC where Vista is installed (but not yet the new automatic updates). Thererfore, on this machine I also installed Video Splitter - which worked well. After that I allowed the Microsoft automatic updates - and, as expected, now Video Splitter also crashed on this 2nd machine (carashing always immediately after loading a new AVI video file).

Unfortunately, removing the autoamtic updates does not help. Even after that (and rebooting) the Solveig Video Splitter crash remains ... The software can no longer be used !!! Although I removed the automatic updates step-by-step I could not identify the exact module which causes the crash of Video Splitter (because the crash remains even after all automatic updates are removed). Butr most probably the crash is caused by (at least) one of the following automatic current Microsoft updates:

* Update for Microsoft Windows (KB946041)
* 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Servica Pack 1 (SP1)
*Security Update for Excel 2007 (KB946974)
*Security Update for Office 2007 (KB947801)
*Update for Outlook 2003 - Junk E-Mail Filter (KB94794?) - (last number   no longer readable from the screenshot which I made of installed current updates)

Support Team: Please check the software ! URGENT !!!
Thanks !
Klaus