Author Topic: SolveigMM v1.2718 - No Video Preview except "Cvid"  (Read 26250 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 01:24:04 AM »
OxP & Dmitry,

Just emailed all the requested info.

Quite appreciate your continued prompt attention & informative communication both here in the forum and by email.

Regards,

Stan

p.s. - Please edit this thread topic from ".......No Video Preview except 'CVid' "   to  "......Erratic Video Didplay".

OxP
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 03:45:46 PM »
Hi, Stan.

Please, send us DirectX diagnostic information.

1) Press “Start -> Run…”
2) Type dxdiag
3) Wait few second, while program get an information
4) Press “Save All Information…” specify an output file, and press “Save”.

Please, send this file at support@solveigmm.com or post it into this topic.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 05:25:59 AM »
Hi Dmitry,

I seem to have "tripped" over a way to obtain video, as well as audio in the preview screen. {the following is no joke}

After loading any sized *.avi file from within the program or by drag-n-drop, I have to 1) start playback and then 2) single-click on the program's title header to 'grab & move' the program just slightly in any direction on my desktop to get video to appear. Voila!!!

Repeating a single-click on the program's title header to 'grab & move' the program makes the video disappear.  Repeating this process yields a video  display 'ON' - 'OFF' effect.  

If the video display is 'off' in the normal startup state, it remains 'off' when maximized.  If the video display is 'on', it remains on when the program is maximized.

This "strange" display behavior appears the same in all the versions I have installed; v1.2718, v1.2726 & today's v1.2731.

Excepting a "long file name saving issue" I have just encountered and will report as a new topic, your editor is otherwise functioning / editing properly.  [Am using it 'as is' for now with good results.]

Any ideas on what is causing this video display bug?

Thanks for your prompt help!

Current Rig -  XP Pro sp2, P4 3.4mhz, 4 gigs Memory, nVidia 6800GT 256, Hauppauge PVR 250 with sVideo & stereo RCA's , Turtle Beach Catalina Digital Audio + CTV Pro v4.95 with XviD, DivX & nVidea v1.02 video/audio codecs

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »
Dear Stan,
First of all thank you for purchasing our software.
Could you please check whether the problem exists in our new version 1.2726?
http://www.solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_1_2_beta_se.zip
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 02:48:02 PM »
Hi,

Just purchased, installed & regged v1.2718 and attempted to edit any number of *.AVI files of various sizes & types; XviD & DivX. {I primarily use AGKnot v2.27 to produce XviD AC3 & 160-192 cbr MP3 avi's.}

Program seems to load, recognize, play / preview (audio only) irrespective of any adjustments to any of the program's options.

Have verified my WinXP Pro sp2 OS, 1024 x 768 & 32 bit color includes WMPlaver v10.x and even reinstalled wmfdist95.exe. Previously installed DivX / XviD codecs are working..........as my present ""AVI Editing Tool"" - VirtualDubMod continues to both preview & output video & audio just fine.

If its of any help, I am running a nVidea 6800GT card.

I sought this program out owing to my need to edit *AVI's more finely than just "KeyFrame" points.  

Checked 'Help' files within program & at website 're preview / video display issues... Plus searched this Forum as best I could to no avail.

Apparently my 'problem' is unique?

Prompt assistance is appreciated.

p.s. - Just stumbled on one *AVI file which does seem to display properly within the preview window.   SolveigMM ID's it as 'CVid' which I've rarely seen and never encode to.