Author Topic: SolveigMM Video Splitter MPG-1 Support, PLEASE!?  (Read 19129 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 03:46:33 AM »
Ahh ok i see. Ever use Virtual Dub for Avi editing and other things? I think its kind of like that, right? When opening MPG in Vdub, it parses the file and then next time i open it, its much faster, nearly instantly.

That AVC1/X264 (in .MKV container) wont be too difficult for you to add as well? You could be first one ever to support it  ;D. I used many types of these apps a few days ago and not one of them had support for it. Most high definition movies i get are in MKV container, encoded on AVC1/x264. Sometimes like to keep a certain piece, but as you know, files in 720p or higher are very large, and dont want to keep gigs of stuff, when i can just keep 100mb or less. Im not an expert, so im not sure is MKV container is more complicated for you, than AVI,WMV,MPG,etc.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:37:30 AM »
yes we got your second message and replied for that. Thank you for the help!

Heh no problem man. I had another question too and forgot to ask about it last time. Whats that file that is made from MPG? It has the extention mlmix. Even opened MPG1 file and thought it would work  ;D. Seen the mlmix file for MPG1 as well.

Hi Gonzo,
This is an index file that we place near to MPEG files to avoid next indexation while next time opening of the same MPEG file.
Indexation is necessary to guarantee frame accurate editing, and works for both MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 as MPEG-1 was going to be supported.

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 03:31:31 AM »

Heh no problem man. I had another question too and forgot to ask about it last time. Whats that file that is made from MPG? It has the extention mlmix. Even opened MPG1 file and thought it would work  ;D. Seen the mlmix file for MPG1 as well.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:38:16 AM »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:25:42 AM »
Hey man, thx for responding. Thats good news, and not too far off so i will be patient  :) Every file i threw at it worked great. No lock ups or errors, all formats played fine in the player too. I swear, every other app out there is so bad. Either they force you to convert, have garbled and distorted images after the split, or play in slow motion in the player due to bad decoders being used. The only app that was useful was Easy Video Splitter, but its too old (2003 and not updated anymore), doesnt work with enough formats, and WMV vids freeze for about 5-7 seconds before playing them after split.

Your splitter doesnt seem to be very well known right now either, for whatever reason, but i will do my part to spread the word about it for you. Once it can do MPG-1,  AVC/H264 and MKV formats/containers, it will be best splitter available :)

As for the browser, i use Firefox. I just sent a message on it now, called 'testing, please disregard' and it went through. I guess it was just a temporary issue hehe. I can send my original message there again if you like, but since im here posting to you directly, i didn't bother to try again.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 03:36:44 AM »
Dmitry, I am very pleased with this application, as ive been through dozens like this, and your product is 'near' perfect.

Now i say near, because it unfortunately doesnt support MPG-1 and i find that quite strange, because it supports MPG-2. Most MPG files of video people use/download are usually going to be in MPG-1 format. I would surely purchase this application if it could support MPG-1 as soon as possible in a new version. Can you please do this for someone who is pulling their hair out trying to find the perfect splitter?  I really do like it, especially since it doesnt force you to re-encode like most other applications make you do, and i really hate that!  >:(

Also, is it possible you can add support for AVC/x264/h264/MPG-4 and the .MKV (Matroska) container? That would definitely make your product supercharged and perfect. But in any case, i would really appreciate the MPG-1 (as im sure most others would too) support first. I have so many MPG-1 files and i was hoping to use your application to split them up  ;)

Thx for hearing me out and great work on a great product that is so hard to find in this category  8) Honestly, ive literally been up for hours, and went through nearly 20 applications and they all stunk like a particular 4 letter word  ;D

Oh yea, one more thing, i also tried to email on the SUPPORT/CONTACT page where the Splitter is listed, but i got a PHP script error or something  ???

Hello Gonzo,

Thank you for warm comments we do our best with our products to get more pleased responses tather than disapointed.
The Splitter will defenetely support MPEG-1 file; it is hard to say when exactly but may be in one or a couple of months;
H264 editing is also implementing and has to be released in on of further version.

Oh yea, one more thing, i also tried to email on the SUPPORT/CONTACT page where the Splitter is listed, but i got a PHP script error or something  Huh
What is your browser?
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 12:13:43 AM »
Dmitry, I am very pleased with this application, as ive been through dozens like this, and your product is 'near' perfect.

Now i say near, because it unfortunately doesnt support MPG-1 and i find that quite strange, because it supports MPG-2. Most MPG files of video people use/download are usually going to be in MPG-1 format. I would surely purchase this application if it could support MPG-1 as soon as possible in a new version. Can you please do this for someone who is pulling their hair out trying to find the perfect splitter?  I really do like it, especially since it doesnt force you to re-encode like most other applications make you do, and i really hate that!  >:(

Also, is it possible you can add support for AVC/x264/h264/MPG-4 and the .MKV (Matroska) container? That would definitely make your product supercharged and perfect. But in any case, i would really appreciate the MPG-1 (as im sure most others would too) support first. I have so many MPG-1 files and i was hoping to use your application to split them up  ;)

Thx for hearing me out and great work on a great product that is so hard to find in this category  8) Honestly, ive literally been up for hours, and went through nearly 20 applications and they all stunk like a particular 4 letter word  ;D

Oh yea, one more thing, i also tried to email on the SUPPORT/CONTACT page where the Splitter is listed, but i got a PHP script error or something  ???
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 12:17:42 AM by Gonzo »