Author Topic: Sound problem H264 MOV videos and MP4 video rotate flag ignored  (Read 15252 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 08:08:09 PM »
Hello DonL,

Ok, thank you for letting us know that Video Splitter works now ok at your end.

If there will be any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 05:18:40 AM »
Today July 15 2016 I bought and installed SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_5_2_1603_25.
I trimmed a MP4  video but the trimmed copy had no sound except for a 1/2 second at first.

I installed the beta shown on this forum {SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_5_2_1606_22_Beta}
This fixed the no sound problem!  :)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »
Hello Yoshi,

Ok. Thank you for letting us know about your result.
As soon as the feature with supporting of the rotate flag in files will be added to Video Splitter, I'll report in this thread.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 11:51:47 PM »
Dear Yoshi,

Thank you  a lot for the file you have sent.
The second issue was also reproduced at our end and as soon as the updated version will be ready, we will write here.

The issue with sound in the output MOV and MP4 files was fixed in the version available for the download from the following link:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_5_2_Beta.exe

Please try to use it.

Hello Olga!

I downloaded and installed the version that you made available and I can report that the sound issue I had, has been solved. Thank you very much, you made me a happy camper.  :)

Having the rotate flag in an MP4 file being utilized by SolveigMM Video Splitter will be a nice extra for your customers.

As far as I know there are 4 rotate values: 0° (normal), 90°, 180° and 270°. But I'm sure your team knows this already. ;)

Thanks again,
Josh

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 05:38:28 PM »
Dear Yoshi,

Thank you  a lot for the file you have sent.
The second issue was also reproduced at our end and as soon as the updated version will be ready, we will write here.

The issue with sound in the output MOV and MP4 files was fixed in the version available for the download from the following link:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_5_2_Beta.exe

Please try to use it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 06:25:20 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 11:43:12 PM »
Hello Yoshi,

Thank you for your post.
I've reproduced the same issue with some our MOV files. We will try to fix it in the near future.
As soon as the udated version will be ready, we will post it here.

According the second issue with MP4 rotate flag, could you please uplaod for us the sample input file with such flag to any file host service, e.g. Google drive or Dropbox.com to reproduce the issue at our end?

Thank you for your quick response and acknowledging my issues.

I just emailed you the Dropbox link to a small rotated video. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Josh

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 09:00:02 PM »
Hello Yoshi,

Thank you for your post.
I've reproduced the same issue with some our MOV files. We will try to fix it in the near future.
As soon as the udated version will be ready, we will post it here.

According the second issue with MP4 rotate flag, could you please uplaod for us the sample input file with such flag to any file host service, e.g. Google drive or Dropbox.com to reproduce the issue at our end?

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 03:20:23 AM »
The last 2 versions of Video Splitter Home Edition (5.2.1602.24 and 5.2.1603.25) do not process the sound of any of my H264 MOV video files correctly when written to disk. The sound seems to be "compressed together" at the beginning of the video file and the rest of the track is completely silent. I'm currently working with version 5.2.1512.16 which doesn't have that problem.

There is a second issue I have run into. I own an action camera that allows me to record a rotated video when I have the camera mounted upside down. My video editing software and video player(s) show the video correctly. (Not upside down!)

However, when I load such a video in SolveigMM Video Splitter, the MP4 rotate flag is ignored and the video is shown upside down. Not only does this behavior make it very difficult to work with the video, the rotate flag value in the video is also changed after writing the new file(s) to disk and my video editing software displays the video(s) now upside down too.

It is clear that SolveigMM Video Splitter is ignoring the rotate flag in an MP4 video file completely and my request is to please correct this!

Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:53:35 AM by Yoshi »