Author Topic: Splitter app V2.3 and V2.4B hang on TRIM function  (Read 8344 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 07:52:43 PM »
Hi Olga,
Thanks for your response.  The job I am trying to do is remove some pesky interview inserts from a rock concert.  Maybe up to 5 or 6 deletions per 1GB VOB.  The concert is Black Sabbath in The Last Supper, an American tour done a few years ago.  I live in Mozambique and it is not practical for me to send a 1GB file from here.  Any attempt to remove all of the inserts from any one of the VOB's will cause the app to hang.  If you can try it you will see it quite quickly.

Let me say that after evaluating many competing apps on the Internet yours stands way ahead of the rest.  It's design is completely ideal for this job - there is really nothing better.  I have been playing around with making a shorter VOB that still is sure to fail but it is a difficult job.  Moving the markers changes the probability of failure.  If you can get hold of the you will see the problem easily, though I must warn you that it is a bit gross in places.

Thanks again for an excelent product.

Best regards,
Fyko

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 03:30:53 PM »
Hello Fyko,

Thank you very much for your post.

Could you please send us this file for we could reproduce this problem on our side?

You can  use any file host service to send it,  e.g. https://www.yousendit.com  or https://www.dropbox.com which comes with 2 Gb free space for file sharing.

Please specify also what time intervals were chosen for trimming?

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »
On TRIM function of .VOB object app hangs at what appears to be the start of a section to be cut out. Progress indicator stands still while cpu activity remains very high.  Cancelling TRIM function often crashes app. Happens at repeatable points of VOB object.  OS is W7/32 and W7/64.  App can hang when only 1 section is to be cut but is more likely with more sections.