SolveigMM End-User Products > Video Splitter

Trims not made at the right place

(1/2) > >>

Dmitry Vergeles:

--- Quote from: Riley on March 16, 2009, 04:37:52 AM ---That means it has no accuracy at all, you're at the mercy of the key frame. Splitting is impossible with this product except through dumb luck.

--- End quote ---

Assuming we are talking about SolveigMM Video Splitter, it is not the case, as by default markers and cursor can only be set to K-Frame positions, thus you get what you see.
Moreover we are working on frame accuracy editing. MPEg-2 can be edited to frame. Next will be AVI.

--- Quote from: Riley on March 16, 2009, 04:37:52 AM ---BTW, many times the Key Frame will be frozen for a second before the video "split" begins playing.

--- End quote ---

Could you provide us with the sample?

Riley:
BTW, many times the Key Frame will be frozen for a second before the video "split" begins playing.

Riley:

--- Quote from: Dmitry Vergeles on June 30, 2007, 10:39:54 AM ---

AVI trimmer operates with Key frame accuracy.

--- End quote ---

That means it has no accuracy at all, you're at the mercy of the key frame. Splitting is impossible with this product except through dumb luck.

Dmitry Vergeles:
Hello Bob,

Thank you for your post.
Yes you correctly noticed that end of fragment position you can set with frame accuracy. Here is description how K-Frame accuracy works
http://www.solveigmm.com/forum/index.php?topic=2332.msg5924#msg5924

Yes, Splitter 2.1 has frame accuracy mode for MPEG-2 files.
As for plans, currently we are implementing MPEG-2 AVC in MPEG-2 TS (eg. AVC HD) frame accuracy editing.
MPEG-1 is also in nearest plans. Then we of course add AVI and WMV frame accuracy. Two, three months and everything has to operate.

tonicboy:
Hi Dmitry,

I thought I'd ask since your last reply to this question is fairly old.   I am currently evaluating Video Splitter 2.1.812.1 and it still seems to only be key frame accurate.  Is this the case?  The funny thing is, the end marker of a section seems to edit frame-accurate, it's just the start that is not.  I read a few other posts that implied you were working on frame-accurate editing, at least for MPEG1 and 2.  I am mostly working with DivX and Xvid MPEG4 files.  Can you please tell me what the current situation is or what is planned in the near future?

Thanks,
Tai

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version