Author Topic: Version 6.1 video noise, not usable at all  (Read 15937 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 04:25:42 PM »
ok, thanks ! :)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
Hello Marty,

The beta version is available for the download at the following link:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_6_1_Beta.exe
http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Business_Edition_6_1_Beta.exe

The only way to know if the new beta version was released is to check these links time to time.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 03:51:48 AM »
Hello uncpota,

Ok, thank you for letting us know about this.
Please use the latest beta 6.1.1703.6 version that works ok now.

Hello, i have the same kind of issue than uncpota, on some videos, even during the timeline while using the markers, i see grey images randomly, to bypass it, i have to find an another marker.
and sometimes, while doing a save, well, they are artifacts in the final file. i tried the trial of the 5.x version before buying the 6.x but never seen this issue with the 5.x

i would love to try this last beta but unfortunatly there is an issue with the link. can it be fixed please ? and how to know when a beta is released ?

Thanks !
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:00:43 AM by Marty »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 07:06:05 PM »
Hello uncpota,

Ok, thank you for letting us know about this.
Please use the latest beta 6.1.1703.6 version that works ok now.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:10:15 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
Home and Business versions have some same components therefore bug of the same version can be in both versions.

My findings prove otherwise.
1611 Home is fine.
1611 Biz is *NOT*

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:33:30 PM »
Hello uncpota,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm glad to hear that beta version works at your end.
Yes, Home and Business versions have some same components therefore bug of the same version can be in both versions.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 01:31:00 AM »
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I tried the updated 1703 Home and it works fine.  Congrat!
However, out of curiosity, I download the previous 1611 Home, it works fine too.
Then, curiosity drives me to download previous 1611 Biz version again, uh oh, the same noise appear again.   Aren't the two version share the same code base?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 07:43:40 PM »
Hello uncpota,

Thank you for your post and files you have sent us.
Please try to use the beta version, I've not noticed artifacts on output file with it:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_6_1_Beta.exe

Will it work at your end?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 02:40:06 AM »
Version number is: 6.1.1611.25
I quickly shoot another short clip with Logitech C920 and install a fresh Splitter to another computer.  There is only 2 keyframe, I position to the first one and put a marker there.
Then proceed to save the segments.
Pretty much like what my last experience, takes a mere 0:38 second.  (My original file is only 18MB 0:47 sec long)
The saved mp4 contains artifacts.  But strangely it is not at the front (near the cut point) but somewhere in the middle.
I put all my files (original + cut files + screen captures) in a 50MB zip file.
You can get it here for investigation118.140.55.110/Solveig/v61bugged.zip

Since it is not the same clip I'm working on and get same results, V6.1 contains bugs, I believe.
P.S., i use an old V5.2 and did the very same cut and it is perfect.  (the zip also has the saved clip)

Have fun.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:42:33 AM by uncpota »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 03:14:39 PM »
Hello uncpota!

Thank you for your post.
Could you please upload for us the original input file to any file host service, e.g. Google drive or Dropbox.com foe we could reproduce this issue at our end?
Also please send the project file. To get it select fragments for saving then follow to File / Save project as.

Please specify also the Video Splitter version number, you can check it at Help / About SolveigMM Video Splitter.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 01:53:56 AM »
Using Win7 x64, 8BG, i5-2401
Video file:  mp4  (recorded with Logitech C920) around 200MB

What I really do is simply cut away some part of the video at the end.
I always put marker right at key frames, so no re-encoding should be needed.

With V6.1, when I save the trimmed video, the process takes more than 20 second, while displaying the message "slicing the clips" (or something similar)
But there is very little disk activity.   So I'm guessing V6.1 is doing some kind of re-encoding or splitting audio/video stream  etc.

Then I play the saved mp4 with potplayer.  What really surprises me is that the saved video has noises once in a while.  Looks alot like my TV reception signal gone bad for a while.  There are big bad blocks appear for 1 or 2 seconds.
I tried different cut points but the noise still appear briefly (at roughly same point)

At first I thought it was my original file, but no, the playback is absolutely perfect.

Then I find an old V5.2, install and try it.   Same clip, same cut point, saving takes only 3 seconds.   The bar just move to 100%, seems just a copy is done (no processing at all)
The saved video plays just fine like the original.

No, sorry, V6.1 is not for me.