Author Topic: Video Splitter install failure due to "cannot register SMM_EditEngine.dll"  (Read 10662 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 09:46:51 PM »
requires the Windows Media runtime to operate correctly

That's reasonable. I'll try that some time over the next couple of days and post back to close the loop.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 06:36:21 PM »
Hello mwb1100,
Editing Engine requires the Windows Media runtime to operate correctly, so in case of the "N" or "K" OS you should install the "Media Feature Pack".

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:00:45 AM »
I am trying to install the current Video Splitter demo (SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_6_1_1707_19.exe) and the installation fails with the following messagebox error:

Cannot register "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Solveig Multimedia\SMM_EditEngine.dll".

I tried installing just by double-clicking in Explorer as well as by right-click/"Run as administrator".  Same error both times.

This is a Win7 Ultimate  x64 w/SP1 computer.  However: it is the "N" variant that does not come with Media Player and various media codecs in case that matters.  I'm trying to avoid installing Media Player, but if the "Media Feature Pack" (which basically turns Win7 "N" into a standard Win7 install) is needed for Video Splitter, I will do that.

There is no antivirus or other anti-malware installed on this machine at the moment, This is a rebuild installation of the computer which is why I'm trying to reinstall Video Splitter, and I have not gotten around to installing AV yet.