Author Topic: Webcam-Access Warning, Having v4 installed beside v3  (Read 7283 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 02:21:58 AM »
Hello Olga,

> It would be helpful for us to have this security-tool
Of course. It's Zemana AntiLogger www.zemana.com. There is a fully functional 14day-version to download there.

>Therefore installation of version 4 removes all the previous installed versions of Video Splitter.
I understand. But if it is 'only' a license-policy-problem (and no technical problem): You could change the policy... ;-)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2014, 04:49:57 AM »
Hello MichaelR,

Thank you for your post and please excuse me for the delayed answer.

the moment I start, a security-tool of mine appears, saying (translated): 'SMMVSplitter_Home.exe tries to connect with your webcam. If you want allow that, some pictures from the webcam might be captured. ...'. Unfortunately when pressing 'block', VideoSplitter terminates immediately. So I have to press 'allow' to make VideoSplitter continue. Of course I do this (with a strange feeling).
I suppose, you do not want to connect to the webcam and this is because an unnecessary call of a webcam-routine somewhere in your code..
It would be helpful to remove it
It would be helpful for us to have this security-tool, to reproduce this issue at our end. Is it possible to send it to us? If yes, you can send the link for download of this tool to support(at)solveigmm(dot)com.
Thank you in advance.

As a former user of v3, v4 is now split to two versions. So, I suppose, I can do some things with v3, which I can't do with the home-verison of v4. Right? (Perhaps command-line usage?) If yes, it would make sense to have both versions installed. Unfortunately it is not possible to install v4 without having v3 removed before. Why is this necessary (and can it be done anyway)?

You are right, command line interface and batch manager for editing of several task in one pass are available only in Business Edition version.
Version 3 of Video Splitter also supports these features that now are available only in Business Edition version.

According to our license policy only one copy of product is allowed to be installed on the single PC.
Video Splitter Home Edition and Video Splitter Business Edition are of single user type of license.
Single User means that a single copy of Solveig Multimedia software can be installed on and used with only one computer.
When multiple copies are necessary, each computer must have a separate copy of Solveig Multimedia software installed.

Therefore installation of version 4 removes all the previous installed versions of Video Splitter.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:13:09 PM »
Hello SolveigMM-Team,

the moment I start, a security-tool of mine appears, saying (translated): 'SMMVSplitter_Home.exe tries to connect with your webcam. If you want allow that, some pictures from the webcam might be captured. ...'. Unfortunately when pressing 'block', VideoSplitter terminates immediately. So I have to press 'allow' to make VideoSplitter continue. Of course I do this (with a strange feeling).
I suppose, you do not want to connect to the webcam and this is because an unnecessary call of a webcam-routine somewhere in your code..
It would be helpful to remove it

As a former user of v3, v4 is now split to two versions. So, I suppose, I can do some things with v3, which I can't do with the home-verison of v4. Right? (Perhaps command-line usage?) If yes, it would make sense to have both versions installed. Unfortunately it is not possible to install v4 without having v3 removed before. Why is this necessary (and can it be done anyway)?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:22:04 PM by MichaelR »