Author Topic: Frequently Asked Questions  (Read 132233 times)
Offline njb
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 08:54:49 PM »
Please include this in the FAQ so others who encounter this problem can get it resolved.
Thanks,
njb

https://www.solveigmm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5426.0
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 03:04:06 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »
How the Splitter operates in command line mode

Q:-> I found that the Splitter has CLI (command line interface) named SMM_BatchSplit.exe. What are examples of editing video by means of the utility?
A:-> Yes, SolveigMM Video Splitter is shipped with CLI SMM_BatchSplit.exe utility  that accept as an input an XML file with described task or batch of tasks named groups.

Here are the samples scripts to fulfill some simple editing tasks like trimming, edition out some porions and joinin some files.

#1 Initial file is windows media - input.WMV of 10 minutes length, with one video and one audio stream.
We want to to trim a portion from 4 to 7 minutes and save it as an output1.WMV

<timeline>
   <group name="C:\video\result\output1.WMV">
       <track video="1" audio="1" obey_sample_times="0">
           <clip src="C:\video\input.WMV" start="00:04:00.00"    stop="00:07:00.00"/>
       </track>
    </group>
</timeline>

#2 Initial file is windows media - input.WMV of 10 minutes length, with one video and one audio stream.
We want to cut out any 3 parts from input

(#[1] 1 min 30 sec - 3 min 20 sec )
(#[2] 5 min 00 sec - 6 min 00 sec )
(#[3] 8 min 10 sec - 9 min 10 sec )
nd save an output without set fragments as an output2.WMV

<timeline>
   <group name="C:\video\result\output2.WMV">
       <track video="1" audio="1" obey_sample_times="0">
           <clip src="C:\video\input.WMV" start="00:01:30.00"    stop="00:03:20.00"/>
           <clip src="C:\video\input.WMV" start="00:05:00.00"    stop="00:06:00.00"/>
           <clip src="C:\video\input.WMV" start="00:08:10.00"    stop="00:09:10.00"/>
       </track>
    </group>
</timeline> 

#3 We have a set of Windows Media files with same video/audio paramenters (for example output1.WMV output2.WMV) and want to merge them to one single file - join_output3.WMV

<timeline>
   <group name="C:\video\result\join_output3.WMV" mode="joining">
      <track  video="-1" audio="-1">
         <clip src="C:\video\result\output1.WMV"  start="00:00:00:00" stop="00:00:00:00" />
         <clip src="C:\video\result\output2.WMV"  start="00:00:00:00" stop="00:00:00:00" />
       </track>
    </group>
</timeline>

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:29:43 PM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 05:57:29 AM »
Preview does not operate
Q:->I get this message when I add a file to the software "Cannot find video decoder for preview (XVID), but trimming should be OK" What do I need to do to fix this problem?
A:->This message caused by an absence of XVID or whatever decoder on your PC. If you download and install it, preview should get started to work.
You can download the necessary codec at the link below:
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:19:20 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 05:48:12 AM »
Inaccurate Splitting

Q:->The start time does not coincide with the assumed begin time; its off by 5 to 10 seconds sometimes. The end time is perfectly correct. What may cause this inaccuracy?
A:-> Such a behaveour can be encountered with SolveigMM AVI Trimmer, SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin, SolveigMM Video Splitter

These products operate with K-Frame accuracy for AVI,WMV,ASF files.
Video sequence encoded usually consists of groups of pictures (GOP). GOP consists of Key frame (that is first one in GOP) and delta frames. Key frame is encoded independently as a statical picture but delta frames are predicted from K frame and can't be decoded without K frame.

Thus to provide a user with fast and a video quality lossless video editing, our products fulfill trimming tasks with K Frame accuracy.
That means that all output fragments will be started with K frame as depicted below.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 03:03:42 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 05:17:17 PM »
How to register the Splitter with activation key.

Q:->How to register  SolveigMM Video Splitter with activation key I was provided after purchasing
A:-> to register  SolveigMM Video Splitter  please do the actions as follows:

#1 Press Start button on task panel. Select Programs->Solveig Multimedia-> SolveigMM Video Splitter  ->Registration.
If your OS is Vista or Windows 7 you have to start registrator with administrator previlegies as shown below:

Registrator window will appear
#2 Select  SolveigMM Video Splitter  from enumerated products
#3 Press "Activate" button and enter your serial number, then press OK button
#4 Registration completed.

If the producs you acquried is ProgDVB SolveigMM MPEG Editor, the actions are similar as above;
#1 Press Start button on task pane. Select Programs->ProgDVB-> ProgDVB SolveigMM MPEG Editor ->Registration. Registrator window will appear
#2 Select  ProgDVB SolveigMM MPEG Editor from enumerated products
#3 Press "Activate" button and enter your serial number, then press OK button
#4 Registration completed.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 03:49:36 PM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:21 AM »
Q:->I bought video splitter in 2007. i installed the newest version and my activation key won\'t work for it. please help.
A:-> Most likely  SolveigMM Video Splitter of version 1.x series has been purchased and you try to register version 2.1.
According to our upgrade policy,the customers are entitled to free upgrade within the major version of the product. To upgrade the Splitter from 1.x to 2.x version we offer our customers 50% discount. To get discount details, please go to http://www.solveigmm.com/?Products&id=VideoSplitter#Buy_now_SolveigMM_Video_Splitter, click to  "Upgrade For Licensed Users" link, fill the required data and get the discount links for purchase.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 05:54:22 AM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 05:56:57 AM »
Inaccurate Splitting
Q:->The start time does not coincide with the assumed begin time; its off by 5 to 10 seconds sometimes. The end time is perfectly correct. What may cause this inaccuracy?
answer..

How to register the Splitter with activation key?
Q:->How to register  SolveigMM Video Splitter with activation key I was provided after purchasing
answer..

Can't register the Splitter with my activation code
Q:->I bought video splitter in 2007. i installed the newest version and my activation key won\'t work for it. please help.
answer..

Preview does not operate
Q:->I get this message when I add a file to the software "Cannot find video decoder for preview (XVID), but trimming should be OK" What do I need to do to fix this problem?
answer..

How the Splitter operates in command line mode
Q:-> I found that the Splitter has CLI (command line interface) named SMM_BatchSplit.exe. What are examples of editing video by means of the utility?
answer..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 08:18:45 PM by Dmitry Vergeles »
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia