Author Topic: avi clipped and saved from longer file plays back a little slowly  (Read 14913 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2020, 04:25:40 PM »
Hello marlow,

Please excuse for the delay in reply.

The issue was fixed in the latest Video Splitter version, please try to use it:

https://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/video-splitter/
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 02:37:27 AM »
Olga Krovyakova,

I'm glad you were able to reproduce the problem.
I hope Solveig is able to fix it. Please advise me of any fixes and I'll keep an eye out for notifications on this thread.

Thank you ;D

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:11:52 PM »
Hello marlow,

Thanks for file you have send us.

The problem really exists.

We will try to fix it in nearest future.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 03:51:10 AM »
Olga Krovyakova,

Thanks for the reply.  My evaluation copy info:  Installation version 2. 5. 1111. 7

I uploaded a short original file and also a clip split out from it to box.com:

http://www.box.com/signup/collablink/d_162509543/3233c2b0cabb8

original captured avi:            NVECapture.avi
clip split with Video Splitter:  saveClip2.avi

I created the original avi by digitizing output from an old tape on SVHS VCR,
going thru a Canopus AVDC110 and captured on the winxp 32bit pc using Nero Vision as DV Type-1.

The original is dvsd with pcm audio and I don't believe it has time code in it. The beginning and end cut points for the saved clip were (according to the display in Video Splitter):

from   00:00:02:30
to   00:00:07:74

Thanks for looking.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 03:19:35 PM »
Hello marlow,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please upload your original file to any file host service (e.g. dropbox.com which comes with 2 GB free space for file sharing) and  send us the link to it?

Please specify also timecodes you have chosen for your fragment.

What Video Splitter version do you use?
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:19:59 AM »
I've digitized old VHS home movies to avi (dvsd video, pcm audio). The files are hours long and--if I could do so with no quality loss--I would like to split them into smaller clips for organizing & editing in imovie 11.

Just downloaded MMSplitter & trying it on winXP32bit. Nice looking, mature application and seems to work fast, so I'm surprised at the difficulties I'm having.

The test clips I mark, select & save with MMSplitter...are playing back a little slowly. Voices drop a couple octaves. Slow playback occurs both when played via irfanview as well as when loaded back into MMSplitter & played. Playing the test clip in quicktime player, it looks like the video could be playing at a normal speed and ends at about 4 seconds, but the audio ends at 5 seconds, a bit after the video ends. So audio & video are somehow out of sync.  So though the video quality looks well preserved, I cannot use MMSplitter like this.

Since installing, I've changed no preferences from the defaults--I assumed it should work from defaults. Any idea if there is some setting I might need to change?

Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:02:15 AM by marlow »