Author Topic: Version 6 bugs and functionality issues  (Read 26218 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 04:39:33 PM »
Hello barrykuma,

The version 6 regrettably works another way, it doesn't replace the existing file. Possibly we should add such option to the next releases.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 04:39:48 AM »
Just as the previous post mentioned: please make it possible again to just drag a (new) file straight from the explorer to the timeline to replace the current one. With version 6, this works for the first file when you just have started the program but the next time you have to add it to a list and drag it to the timeline from there....   :-\    Thanks.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 04:46:57 PM »
Hello Holger,

Thank you for your post.
We will consider all this important suggestions and possibly add them to VS next releases.
I will keep you in touch.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

holgermh
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 10:58:31 PM »
Hello Olga,

install works fine now.

I still have the wish to be able to close the media pane and make the timeline more narrow as an option.
Sort of "Classic View in 5er Style"

Best Regards

Holger

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 08:24:57 PM »
Hello Holger,

Thanks a lot for your post!

This issue was fixed in the today`s beta version available here:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_6_0_Beta.exe

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Business_Edition_6_0_Beta.exe

Please let us know if it works ok at your end.

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

holgermh
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 02:05:12 AM »
Hello,

the last version working for me is the beta dated 4th of august.
With beta dated 9th of august and release 10th of august i get the error
"Cannot register ...\common files\solveig multimedia\SMM_TimelinePreviewSource.ax"
install aborts and i have to go back to 4th of august version

additionaly i would like to have the two pane view if starting only one file back like in the 5er series.
Automatic start of file works.

My system is a fully patched vista home premium

Best regards

Holger

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 07:55:38 PM »
Hello,

Phoenix_1, Thank a lot for files you have uploaded. I've reproduced another bug on opening the file and this project, it should be fixed firstly then we turn back to subtitles problem.

magnusthorek, thank you. Ok, could you please kindly also specify the input/output folder type name and the sample MKV file with which the issue happens. As infortuately I didn't see such bug at our end with differnt options of file names and their locations.
Thanks you!

Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »
I can't tell exactly the path, but two things I can:

1) It's on a different partition of the same physical drive
2) The path is formed only by letters, numbers and ONE space (although I think one space and 10 is the same for what matters)

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2016, 05:03:51 PM »
Hello magnusthorek,

Thank you a lot for your post.

Could you please let us know the input folder path? Is it somekind of network folder or folder of any connected device?
Please let us know.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 09:51:33 PM »
I first met this application recently after search for a no-so-basic video editor to cut some commercials from MKV files and, with a slightly older version, I was able to split a test video.

Now, with the latest version, I started to use with the real files and I was receiving an error 0x80004005 with a Cannot start current process message and, although the output file was being created, it was just as a placeholder file, with 0KB

I've searched A LOT about this error and I wasn't able to find any information at all. After many, many tries, re-allocating disk space, running as Administrator... I decided to give one more try but this time I've chosen as output folder a different one, other than the one where the input files where

And it worked! o.O

I thought it would be nice to report, because doesn't make much sense from the user POV, afterall, although in the same folder, input and output have different file names.

Congratulations for the good work and keep the application always simple like that

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 02:24:02 AM »
Olga,

Thank you for your reply!

Here is a Google Drive folder containing my project, original clip, and resulting output.  In addition there is a README file that explains some problems.

Files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7C6PULHSco7RWxJbHE1bm1fNlE&usp=sharing

For your convenience, I have posted the contents of the README below as well:

Source file: example.mkv
Project file: example_2.ssp
Output file: example_output.mkv

Subtitles start about 13m 04s into the source video.

Problem 1: When playing the output file using VLC many of the subtitles from the
original clip do not appear. In addition, the embedded subtitle file has bad
timestamps. For example, here is a segment of the resulting SRT file:

00:01:27,170 --> 00:01:30,839
If you want it back,
you must take it for yourselves.

00:02:36,461 --> 00:02:39,171
Each and every one of you.

00:02:13,718 --> 00:02:15,385
Fly

00:02:22,552 --> 00:02:24,236
Let me pass.

Notice that subtitle #11 has a timestamp AFTER subtitles #12 and #13, even though it is
supposed to appear before them.

Problem 2: The original scene has forced subtitles for when the characters speak in a
foreign language. Note that in the output file, the subtitle track no longer has the
"forced" flag.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:40:36 AM by Phoenix_1 »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2016, 09:34:46 PM »
Hello Phoenix_1,

Thank you for contacting us.

Сould you please upload for us original input file to any file host service, e.g. Google drive or

Dropbox.com? Also please send us the project file. To get it select fragments for saving then follow to File -> Save project as.

Please also specify what video player you use to playback the resulted file.

Thank you.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2016, 02:15:18 PM »
Another bug I've noticed in both version 5 and 6 is the following. This happens 100% of the time when editing MKV files with embedded SRT subtitles:

SolveigMM Video Splitter fails to update the timestamp of the last subtitle for each clip that is kept, for all subtitle tracks.

The resulting subtitles after saving an edited MKV are all still present and in order (I verified this by extracting and inspecting the embedded resulting subtitles file).  However, since the last subtitle for each kept clip has an incorrect timestamp, it can potentially have a timestamp value greater than succeeding subtitles, resulting in a variety of odd behaviors for video playback applications. The most common symptom is that the player will omit all succeeding subtitles that have smaller timestamp values than the erroneous subtitle. In all cases the erroneous subtitle itself is placed incorrectly during playback.

I believe this occurs because Video Splitter has an off-by-one error. As it iterates through subtitles to update their timings, the last entry is ignored, likely due to premature exit of the loop responsible for the iteration.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 03:26:52 PM »
Hello to all,

Thank you for your post and please excuse for the delay in answer.

The program no longer responds to alt+ function 4 to close it. There was no reason to remove this functionality. Please add it back.
The key bind section of the preferences does not work it does not register any new key bind. It is completely broken.

Thank you a lot for these notice, I've checked and you are right - we should add Alt+F4 back for closing and fix new hot key bind assign.

There is no way to get loaded files to automatically be added to the timeline like it has with all previous versions. You now have to manually drag it which makes the program more cumbersome to use. Please add an option to automatically add the file to the timeline when opened.

Please add an option to not ask to save changes when closing the program. It is even more aggressive in this new version than version 5.
I'm agree with you, sometimes this could be redundant. We will possibly add such option to dialog that shows on VS closing or add such option not to show it.

Files that open fine in version 5 are causing version 6 to hard lock when dragging them to the timeline.
Please specify what exactly files of what file format and audio/video/subtitle content cause such behaviour. It would be helpful for us if you could upload the sample file to e.g Google drive or Dropbox.com.

Most of the buttons on the main interface do not work at all. I have not tried the beta version linked in the other thread but I will probably stick with version 5 for now until the above issues are fixed. Thank you

At the present time if the file is only in "Media" list and you have not yet added it to the timeline, then the most buttons will not work until you add them to the timeline. So please let me know on what step of your usage and what buttons do not work in case of file is already placed on the timeline.

Possibly we should set automatically synchronization when only one file is added to the timeline and make changes to enable all buttons in such case. We will discuss this with team.

Space bar starts playback, but doesn't pause it--you have to click the pause button. How could you miss that?

Ok, pderocco, thank you a lot  for this, we will fix this as  soon as possible. Please excuse for these temporary inconveniences.

When configured to save the media file in the same folder that the original file came from, it saves in the folder of the previous file worked on.

Such behaviour is cased by the default setting selected in the Tools -> Preferences -> Output Files Settings
You can change setting of output folder as you like, please see possible options on the screenshot below

We will post updated versions as soon as there will be ready.

Thank you all for all your bug reports. Please feel free to write again We highly appreciate any help!

Olga
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:32:51 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 06:50:53 AM »

Space bar starts playback, but doesn't pause it--you have to click the pause button. How could you miss that?

When configured to save the media file in the same folder that the original file came from, it saves in the folder of the previous file worked on.