Author Topic: videos drag and lag after splitting  (Read 23227 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 01:20:23 PM »
its all good

thanks a lot :)
Abit Fatal1ty an9-32x. v1.1 bios18.
ADA4800IAA6CS. htt220.6 @2646.
OCZ gxssli 600w. WD1600AAJS.
Antec p160+120mm intake mod.
Thermalright si128. EVGA 88gts ko.
ViewSonic19"p95f+. XPpro sp2dx9c.
OCZ2P8002GK 5-5-5-15 t2 2.1v @441.
Aopen combo drive. Fios 15<>2mbps.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 01:14:12 PM »
Hi Erick,
Sorry, we still had not a chance to take a look to your problem, too busy...

I'll let you know some news as soon as they arise. Nice that you have solutions for your problem.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 12:51:29 PM »
well

i broke down and installed virtual dub 1.8.6.0 i did not want to do it. and i do not really like the program. i have to set video stream each time.. but it splits my videos fine..

i set it to true 24bit color. i unchecked output video pane.. its set for auto add file extension by default.. and i left the threading at its default 0. well all other settings are default.. its not a normal install.. it just runs from the exe.. and it leaves a job file after it closes each time on my dtop.. i just delete it..

videos play fine and right info and times.. no problems with mp3 audio.. spybot and pest patrol seem ok. i need to run avast see that all is good with it.. all seems cool.. i guess i can live with it..

i un installed avidemux and solveig video splitter.. i guess solveig just does not like this dual core. if avidemux fixes its bug.[ proper runtime info etc]. i might change its program for vd.. i will try and maybe use solveig video splitter on my kn8 single core system..

thanks

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 12:39:19 AM »
well

i cant make none of this solveig stuff work right on this system.. so i installed the latest version of videmux 2.4.3

the videos split and play back perfect.. no drag lag etc.. but all of the vid files if i mouse them on my desk top show the duration time the same as the original over 19 minutes.. and not the correct actual time.. the time shows right in mpc and gspot.. but if i mouse them on my desk top its not right..

im not going to try and upload them to youtube etc. and maybe it reject them thinking they are over 19 minute videos.. and im not going to mouse my videos have 50 of them all showing original times and not the right time.. so i give up on these programs on this system.im going to remove them.i can live with wmm..

i will keep the full version of solveig video splitter.. it should work fine on my kn8 single core system.. solveig avi trimmer works fine on my kn8 so.. any way.. ive been 4 days joined and posted on 6 sites and tried 4 different programs and typed a book asking for help and read many pages.. i needed this stuff done 4 days ago..

im not fussing at any of you.. its just gees.. this should not be so hard.. and this is all i do or can do. is play my games and make videos.. these dual core systems are a lot more problematic than my single core system.. and the thing is most all systems sold today are all multi core systems.. and what..its maybe 6 programs or games on all of earth that are multi threaded.. why even make or sell these dual core crap things.. id be happy with a true 4 to 6 gig single core cpu..

thanks again see ya :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:05:03 AM by ezeht »

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »
thanks

i think i sent the file right.. i clicked on the 1st of the 2 links for the ftp server thingy.. it opened i guess to your page.. i drag and dropped a folder to your page.. thats the first time i transfered files that way.. so i hope i did it right..

um.. i installed the full version and registered solveigmm video splitter 2.1.810.31 it took me a few minutes to figure out how to use it.. but i got the same thing with it.. the videos drag or lag. like they freeze for sec then play then freeze etc.. i tested with the small vid i sent you i think its just under 2 minutes long.. i deleted the free version and rebooted and i let wmp11 install its self. set it up and then from set programs access and defaults i turned it off again.. it would not be on my system other than windows installs it. but.. i reboot between everything and i defraged and all that good stuff before and after installing the full version of the splitter.. ive done all i know to do :)

they play fine in the solveig viewer. and they originals play fine on my system.. but after splitting.. the end product drags and lags will not play smoothly.. again if i use the same videos and let wmm convert then to wmv large high quality and to 640x480 the videos play fine no lag etc.. im not sure if maybe solveig is not optimized to work with multi core systems.. or its just a amd dual core system problem..or maybe just my system.. maybe its some hot fix or something that will fix it i dont know.. and is why i posted to your site..you are the video experts.. but

being the videos would not play back right .i tried to change affinity from task manager/processes i right clicked on solveig then set affinity and it was set for both cpu's cpu 0 and cpu 1 i unchecked the box for 1 and tried the split again and same thing.. so i changed to cpu 1 and same thing.. i noticed if i closed the program and restart it. and checked infinity again it was running on both cpu's.. so im not sure how to set affinity from command or what ever so that the program starts up using just 1 core from the jump.. i guess it can be done.but i dont know how to do it..im not use to a dual core system.. and as far as i care this is to much to have to bother with any way.. having to set cores or what ever..ha ha the thing should just work right..

i know ive read amd or maybe all dual core systems can have problems with different programs or games.. i just dont know what to say.. if all else fails.. i do know wmm works and i can use it.. i dont normally have a lot of videos to split so.. and i was using it before i found out about solveig.. i like solveig tho.. it works perfect on my abit kn8 4000+ single core system.. it just will not work on this dual core system.

thanks for your help and kindness.. :)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 02:47:48 PM by ezeht »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 12:29:56 PM »
Hi Erick,

We need an original file - before splitting - To reproduce the problem.

250 Mb of  course quite big for email but you can put it on FTP server. FTP info i sent you by email
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 10:11:18 AM »
thanks for your reply. but im not sure what you need. are you talking about the original video or the video after i split it or do you want both..

i mean. i have an original of about 90 seconds.. i was testing on.. i can use it and split it and send them to ya..i have a 19 minute video i was trying to split into 3 parts its a 204 mb file..

i do not normally have to split a 90 second movie.. i was just testing the program after i installed it.. the split videos would lag on play back etc..

can you tell how you would like me to upload them to you.. i think they will be to large for normal email.. i will be glad to send them to ya.. im not sure what you need or how i can send them to ya..

thanks..

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 09:18:29 AM »
Hi Erick,
thanks for detailed description, could you upload us an original file to replicate the issue on our side?
I sent you ftp info by email.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 03:07:03 PM »
hi

my videos lag and drag after splitting using either ver. 1.6.804.17 or ver. 1.6.810.31.. i have ver 1.6.804.17 installed now..

i just built this dual core system a week or so ago. and all i do is play fps games and make videos with the latest full retail version of zdsoft game recorder. as best i know. my install is flawless and my simple over clock passes all stress tests etc.. and i added the amd dual core optimizer and the latest ms hot fix. the 1 where you do not have to make manual reg changes etc. but my system did act funny before i installed the hot fix.. just moving my mouse across my desk top it would drag and lag etc.. but the hot fix took care of all of that and what games ive tried works fine. ive been playing farcry2 and making movies with zdsoft for 6 to 10 hours at a time with no problems..

um being this is my main game system. i try to keep my os as lean and clean as possible and i keep good security and the system defraged etc. and while gaming recording or editing splitting videos etc.i have all extra programs turned off. all my security is off other than my fire wall. as like always.. but being a game machine and i do my own builds and cooling and case mods etc. i do not use cool and quiet tho it is installed.. i mean its on in my bios and windows makes ya install it or it will bug ya.. but from start/control panel/power options/ power schemes im set to home/desk office. that is said cool and quite is off etc. and i do not use windows media player.. tho as best i know from updates wmp11 and all updates or security is up to date.. just i have it turned off in system defaults.. i never let it run and set its self up.. so i dont know if digi rights is acting up or what but.. best i know all drivers and chip sets all of it is up to date on my new build..

the program solveig installs and seems to run right.. i tell it not to install the wmp plug in..i dont use wmp and the plug in is just test stuff unless you buy it..so i dont need or want it installed period. but i split my movies and they drag and lag during play back.. i tried wmm it works fine.. i dont like it it changes codec and up sizes my video.. i record to avi v2 512x384 10fps and mp3 audio a 5 minute movie time average of say 54mbs.. but i upload to youtube and some other sites. so i keep my vids under 10 minutes and 100mb size.. but as seen.. time is my only worries and is why some i have to split.. but wmm will up size to 640x480 and to wmv.. the quality is not bad..but i try to go for 512x384 like i do all in 1 shot because say youtube will reconvert and resize for its default player size that is more small than i record to.. its better to down size than to up size in conversions etc etc..but

ive used solveig on my other system my kn8 and amd4000+ single core system with out problems.. again my system seems to run perfect.. i turn off all un needed back ground stuff. and my system plays games well and zdsoft works fine and windows movie maker too.. so. does solveig just not like some older amd dual core systems.. do i need to lock affinity to 1 core or something..ive read of that but for other things..having to manually lock cores or program incompatibilities is why i waited so long to even bother with multi core systems.. i mean it sounds like more trouble than its worth..i was happy with my single core system..but new games need more powerful hardware. and this dual core system was my next step. its a lil older but more new and powerful than i was using.. so..

what do you think?? is it my old amd dual core system dont like solveig.. is it some simple fix.. or should i try to find another free program just to do simple avi video splits for me..and if so.. do you have any suggestions as to what free program should work right on my amd dual core rig.. and that is clean of junk?

i really like your simple free split program.. and it has made me some nice videos with no loss in quality.. im disabled. i do not work. all i do is play my games sometimes 17 hours a day or even more and make movies.. im sad i cant figure out why it solveig will not work right on this system.. can ya help me out??

thanks.. sorry so long.. and i do not type well- but im trying to give as much info as i can- oh ya-- happy holidays to all :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:52:08 PM by ezeht »