Author Topic: What are the best container formats for AVI Trimmer?  (Read 20988 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 02:19:41 AM »
Actually, it turns out that I didn't have any of the codecs installed as I used KMPlayer which has most of them built in. Installing an AC3 and Xvid codec did the trick with the original file.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 05:55:38 AM »
Thank you very much!

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 02:39:16 PM »
Quote from: "migo"
I'm trying to trim a file in AVI Trimmer, but it doesn't like the container formats (to the extent that it won't preview, which is what I'd need). I've got SUPER so I can convert to whatever format is necessary - what's the best Video/Audio codec that AVI Trimmer can preview well?

Hello migo,

Thank you for the post. For the present moment the only container to be supported by SolveigMM AVI Trimmer is AVI format. You can convert your media to AVI with the most common streams. For example with XVid video and MPEG-1 audio.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »
I'm trying to trim a file in AVI Trimmer, but it doesn't like the container formats (to the extent that it won't preview, which is what I'd need). I've got SUPER so I can convert to whatever format is necessary - what's the best Video/Audio codec that AVI Trimmer can preview well?