Author Topic: Selections from video files to originate a single video file directly  (Read 12308 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Ironwill.

First of all, I would like to clarify, that the command line operations available only in the Business Edition of Video Splitter via the SMM_BatchSplit.exe console utility.
It operates with the text projects in XTL format.
If you would like just to join multiple file into a single output, you can use the following project:
 <timelines version="2" >
    <timeline>
        <group output="C:\Test_full.mp3">
            <task type="joining" />
            <track video="-1" audio="-1" >
                 <clip src="C:\Test_part0.mp3" />
                 <clip src="C:\Test_part1.mp3" />
                 <clip src="C:\Test_part2.mp3" />
            </track>
        </group>
    </timeline>
</timelines>

With this example you are joining Test_part0, Test_part1 and Test_part2 to a file Test_full

You can get more details on the xtl format from the "SolveigMM Batch Splitter console utility" section of the documentation that is installed with the Video Splitter.

• Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Maxim.

I ask also a further detail. Is it not possible to join to file through command line?

I tried also with command line simply to join to file with "Re: Multiple join jobs as batch" Olga's reply (ยซ Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 11:52:27 PM ยป), do you confirm the described procedure is correct? Could you please provide an example of file (or text format) if it is possible?

Thank you.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
Hello Ironwill,

Please let me explain, that the described task can not be achieved with the join manager itself, not making a trimmed files before.
However, it is possible to do with the timeline. In version 7 of the Video Splitter you can put multiple files to the timeline and specify which intervals should be dropped and which intervals should be saved to the output file.

Please keep in mind, that in this case your files should have equal parameters (the same condition is true for the join manager).

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 02:15:28 AM »
Hi all,

I've seen "Re: Multiple join jobs as batch", Olga's reply about batch join and so I had a question:
If I have to separate files from which I want select some parts (e.g. from "video file 1" , 1 second between time 00:00:01 and 00:00:02 and from "video file 2"  2 second between time 00:00:02 and 00:00:04), is there any way to join this parts directly (i.e. one file with  time 00:00:01 and 00:00:02  of first file and time 00:00:02 and 00:00:04 of second file) without creating two trimmed files and after join them?
In fact, I suppose that modifying only "joining list" with selected seconds (i.e. defining start and stop time) of each files does not work.

I look forward to you suggestion
Regards,