Author Topic: SolveigMM Video Splitter 2 is available for beta testing  (Read 115484 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 01:45:14 PM »
Quote from: "james"
this newst Beta is great! :)  much improved over the earlier one I tried last year.

PLEASE add support for MPEG1 files!  This will be a great editor when you get it done and ready to release... it will be famous!

Hello James,

Thank you for the warm words!
MPEG-1 support is in our features schedule, so keep an eye on the updates:)
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2008, 10:03:56 AM »
this newst Beta is great! :)  much improved over the earlier one I tried last year.

PLEASE add support for MPEG1 files!  This will be a great editor when you get it done and ready to release... it will be famous!

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »
New update, 2.0.802.03 beta, is out

http://solveigmm.com/?Products&id=VideoSplitter
http://solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_2_beta.zip

Fixes:
-Fixed the bug . Cut out feature did not work, the splitter ignored all the fragments marked as "Cut Out".
-Fixed the bug . The Splitter crashed during  processing some WMV and ASF files.
-Fixed the bug . The Splitter delivered an error "Error message: CDSPlayer::OStart" attempting to process the WMV or ASF files with video resolution height not multiple to 2.
-Fixed the bug . If  there were any pure markers, during audio files editing, output audio could be distorted at the markers positions.
-Fixed the bug when while attempt to trim some AVI with MP3 audio the trimmer delivered an error - "The data is invalid. HRESULT: 0x8007000d. (Unspecified error hr= 0x80004005}"
-Fixed memory leaks to occurre upon each trimming start/stop iteration

http://www.solveigmm.com/HowTo/how-to-split-MPEG2-file-with-video-splitter
http://www.solveigmm.com/HowTo/how-to-remove-audio-track-from-media-file-with-video-splitter
http://www.solveigmm.com/HowTo/how-to-cut-out-commercials-from-video-with-video-splitter
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2008, 09:33:41 AM »
Quote from: "Biggles209"
I get the following when opening a DV-AVI file on Vista:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   SMMVSplitter.exe
  Application Version:   2.0.801.6
  Application Timestamp:   4781d3fb
  Fault Module Name:   SMMVSplitter.exe
  Fault Module Version:   2.0.801.6
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4781d3fb
  Exception Code:   c0000094
  Exception Offset:   0008d4fb
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   a1eb
  Additional Information 2:   aa72aa72a1718f3d2b42f52733cd620f
  Additional Information 3:   11ba
  Additional Information 4:   58c501c42059611f5388b9dae8930b3c

Hello Biggles209,
Thank you for the info we will try to replicate this problem.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2008, 09:46:05 PM »
I get the following when opening a DV-AVI file on Vista:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   SMMVSplitter.exe
  Application Version:   2.0.801.6
  Application Timestamp:   4781d3fb
  Fault Module Name:   SMMVSplitter.exe
  Fault Module Version:   2.0.801.6
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4781d3fb
  Exception Code:   c0000094
  Exception Offset:   0008d4fb
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   a1eb
  Additional Information 2:   aa72aa72a1718f3d2b42f52733cd620f
  Additional Information 3:   11ba
  Additional Information 4:   58c501c42059611f5388b9dae8930b3c

Offline njb
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but I will wait.

Since I am subscribed to this thread, I will see when future releases are made.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2008, 07:58:37 AM »
Quote from: "njb"
I can hardly wait :lol:

How often do you release each version? Can I get on an email list announcing when a new version is released?

It depends on the features to be implemented. Currently we doe not have an email subscription but it should get ready in the nearest feature.

If you you need MPEG-1 editing feature for business purpose contact us by email to discuss a custom development.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

Offline njb
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2008, 09:40:42 PM »
I can hardly wait :lol:

How often do you release each version? Can I get on an email list announcing when a new version is released?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2008, 07:03:09 AM »
Quote from: "ErwinC"
Hi

I downloaded the beta, because with the older version I do not see the files I want to split when I try to open a media file.
When I save media file the split runs until 4% sometimes to 17% but then the program terminates, no error, except from vista saying the program has terminated.
After such a termination I need to reboot to be able to acces that specific video file, the project file is corrupt.
The files seems to be MPEG2 with MPEG1 audio and I believe they are all bigger then 4GB. I already tried 3 different video files.

Next to that, is there gooing to be support for .dvr-ms files? That are files recorded with Vista Media Center. Since I have Vista al my recording are in that format and I don't believe I can change that in MCE Vista.

I like the product. Some older recordings with DVDR from intervideo(?), I was able to succesfully split, but with the older Video Splitter (1.2).

Hello ErwinC,
Thank you for your detailed report, we wll try to replicate the problem on our side.

dvr-ms files support are in our feature schedule list and will be certainly implemented in further versions.

Will there ever be support for MPEG-1?

Hello njb, thank you for the question.
Yes  MPEG-1 files support will also be implemented in further versions.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

Offline njb
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
Will there ever be support for MPEG-1?

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »
Hi

I downloaded the beta, because with the older version I do not see the files I want to split when I try to open a media file.
When I save media file the split runs until 4% sometimes to 17% but then the program terminates, no error, except from vista saying the program has terminated.
After such a termination I need to reboot to be able to acces that specific video file, the project file is corrupt.
The files seems to be MPEG2 with MPEG1 audio and I believe they are all bigger then 4GB. I already tried 3 different video files.

Next to that, is there gooing to be support for .dvr-ms files? That are files recorded with Vista Media Center. Since I have Vista al my recording are in that format and I don't believe I can change that in MCE Vista.

I like the product. Some older recordings with DVDR from intervideo(?), I was able to succesfully split, but with the older Video Splitter (1.2).

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008, 11:49:11 AM »
SolveigMM Video Splitter 2.0.801.06 beta got available.
http://solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_2_beta.zip

Fixes:
- Fixed bug. Opening Windows Media file (.asf, .wmv, .wma )  the splitter delivered "unknown exception" and then behaved incorrectly.
- Fixed bug. Upon closing the Splitter after some trimming operations a general error had been generated.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 05:29:48 PM »
Quote from: "travolter"
Thanks for this REMOVE_ALL_MESSAGE program .. Im testing the 1.2 and works great. I was used to split videos.. and then join them using 2 programs... now all is easier with SolveigMM_Video_Splitter ;)

Bug report for version 2.0.711.3

Each time I load a WMV and I press play... I get an error box saying "unknow exception detected". If I close the box.. I cannt seek the video forward or backward properly.. and video plays at double speed.

I dont have this problem on 1.2 version.

I have my computer clean of these shitty codecpacks and also Windowsmediaplayer is unnistalled. The only codecs I have installed are the "wmfdist.exe" for the WMV and "ffdshow" for the rest of mpeg and divx stuff.

I really miss on this program the support for mpeg-1 files. They are legacy files.. but these files are available yet on the net

Best regards and thanks for this nice proram

Hello travolter,
Thank you for the bug report it should be fixed int the further update.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 01:31:35 PM »
Thanks for this amazing program .. Im testing the 1.2 and works great. I was used to split videos.. and then join them using 2 programs... now all is easier with SolveigMM_Video_Splitter ;)

Bug report for version 2.0.711.3

Each time I load a WMV and I press play... I get an error box saying "unknow exception detected". If I close the box.. I cannt seek the video forward or backward properly.. and video plays at double speed.

I dont have this problem on 1.2 version.

I have my computer clean of these shitty codecpacks and also Windowsmediaplayer is unnistalled. The only codecs I have installed are the "wmfdist.exe" for the WMV and "ffdshow" for the rest of mpeg and divx stuff.

I really miss on this program the support for mpeg-1 files. They are legacy files.. but these files are available yet on the net

Best regards and thanks for this nice proram

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 03:57:48 PM »
Quote from: "johnnyb"
I tried to trim an DVR-MS video file with the Video Splitter 2 without success. The sound was OK but there was no image at all.

Basically the DVR-MS format is MPEG2 video wrapped in ASF format just to get MCE's DRM system working properly, as far as I know. This format is used in every Windows Media Center, including MCE and Vista so it is quite widely used.

Could you please examine if you could include this format to Video Splitter since it would save me a lots of time when cutting recorded TV shows, mainly because I could edit all the files I attend to keep before I convert them to another format. Conversion is obviously faster if I can avoid converting any unnecessary content.

Thanks in advance!

Hello johnny,

Yes in our futher feature list there is a support of DVR-MS files, thank you for remind!

Best Regards,
Dmitry
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia