Author Topic: SolveigMM Video Splitter 2 is available for beta testing  (Read 115874 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2007, 05:40:12 PM »
I tried to trim an DVR-MS video file with the Video Splitter 2 without success. The sound was OK but there was no image at all.

Basically the DVR-MS format is MPEG2 video wrapped in ASF format just to get MCE's DRM system working properly, as far as I know. This format is used in every Windows Media Center, including MCE and Vista so it is quite widely used.

Could you please examine if you could include this format to Video Splitter since it would save me a lots of time when cutting recorded TV shows, mainly because I could edit all the files I attend to keep before I convert them to another format. Conversion is obviously faster if I can avoid converting any unnecessary content.

Thanks in advance!

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 02:36:12 PM »
Quote from: "Biggles209"
Video Splitter V2.0.711.19

The keyboard navigation is much improved - the shortcuts seem to work as described on the menu.

This is true for editing MPEG-2, but the problems still remain when editing DV-AVI. "Right Arrow" and "Ctrl + Right Arrow" do nothing when editing DV-AVI.

Hello Biggles209,

Thank you very much for your effort, we are really aprretiate that.
We are worink on the update, it should be fixed in that.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 12:22:46 AM »

The keyboard navigation is much improved - the shortcuts seem to work as described on the menu.

This is true for editing MPEG-2, but the problems still remain when editing DV-AVI. "Right Arrow" and "Ctrl + Right Arrow" do nothing when editing DV-AVI.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2007, 08:31:07 PM »

I cut out a 01:14 section of a 05:32 piece of MPEG-2 video. The video was obtained by extracting one chapter from a DVD and renaming the .VOB file as .mpg. The The 01:14 section cut out by Video Splitter has good audio, but the video is jerky - it seems to speed up and slow down on a 1 to 2 second cycle. While editing the 05:32 piece in Video Splitter there was no sound when the clip was played. The 05:32 piece plays well in Media Player and Movie Maker.

The keyboard navigation is much improved - the shortcuts seem to work as described on the menu. However I find the use of the Page Up and Page Down keys to be the opposite of what I would expect. Using the analogy of moving through a document in a word processor, both Right Arrow and Page Down move you forward through the document, and Left Arrow and Page Up move you backward. In Video Splitter the Page keys are reversed.  Would it be possible to change this, or to add a User Preference to switch the key mapping?

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2007, 11:18:54 AM »
I tried the V2.0 Beta, and found that most of the keyboard shortcuts for moving through the video didn't work. So I went to V1.2 (which was better but the right arrow key was still broken).

Compared to AVI Trimmer the first big difference was that the mouse wheel did not work for scrolling through the video stream - this is very nice to use for quick positioning in a short video.

My particular project was to cut up video of 7 performances of a play for assembly into a single stream. There are a couple of things that would really speed this up:

1. Zoom-sensitive scrolling. Keyboard: up arrow zooms in, down arrow zooms out. Right and left arrows scroll a set amount of the video on display at the current zoom level - say 2%. Mouse scroll wheel behaves like right / left arrows. This means that I can scroll faster through the zoomed out video to get a rough position, the zoom in and have finer control. The best setting for the "2%" value would have to be determined by trial and error.

2. Automatic detection and marking of all-black frames. This would help find scene changes, and probably help demarcate commercial breaks in TV video. There would have to be a minimum time between adjacent markers.

Hope this helps!

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 08:09:32 PM »
Okay! Good to know what to look for. Thanks again for working on this! :D

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 05:21:14 PM »
Quote from: "vileoxidation"
Should this version have fixed the runtime error I was getting? I just want to know if I should be looking for that, I'm not trying to be impatient or rude!  :D

Hello vileoxidation,

No, in this version this bug has not beed fixed.
Its fix should get available at the nearest time.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 08:39:47 PM »
Should this version have fixed the runtime error I was getting? I just want to know if I should be looking for that, I'm not trying to be impatient or rude!  :D

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »
New version is available (2.0.11.19)
http://solveigmm.com/files/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_2_beta.zip

- Fixed an installation warning "The version of the file being copied is older" about system dlls like mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll etc.

Any bug reports/suggestions/criticism are highly appreciated.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 08:39:09 PM »
New version is available (2.0.11.18):

- Fixed bug when main window disapiared upon calling "Open Media File" menu item.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 11:01:54 PM »
Okay! Thank you guys for working so hard on this! It is so greatly appreciated.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 10:04:38 PM »
Quote from: "Dmitry Vergeles"
I tried installing the new version, and I still have the same problem. I already tried uninstalling completely, and that didn't solve it either.

I don't really know what to tell you about parameters. This has happened when I have been working on the file for a long time and click very near the end, and it has also happened right after I have begun working on the file and click very near the end. The only other programs I have had running while working are Firefox and Outlook Express.

Hello vileoxidation,

Thanks for details. Did I catch the problem arises not during trimming process but during a navigation along an end of video?

Yes, we have managed to reproduce this problem.
Update should get available within a few days.
Thank you for the help.
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 09:56:15 PM »
I tried installing the new version, and I still have the same problem. I already tried uninstalling completely, and that didn't solve it either.

I don't really know what to tell you about parameters. This has happened when I have been working on the file for a long time and click very near the end, and it has also happened right after I have begun working on the file and click very near the end. The only other programs I have had running while working are Firefox and Outlook Express.

Hello vileoxidation,

Thanks for details. Did I catch the problem arises not during trimming process but during a navigation along an end of video?
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 01:02:07 AM »

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2007, 04:09:22 PM »
New version is available (2.0.11.09):

Fixed  the installation problem:
Cannot register "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Solveig Multimedia\SMM_MP2TrimmerFA.ax".
Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia