Author Topic: Still no automatic add to the timeline  (Read 8011 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 03:47:38 PM »
Hello lirikCLAP,

I want to be able to right-click a file in Explorer, open the file with video splitter, and have the file show up on the timeline without having to drag it to the timeline or having to click on the timeline. Right now there is no way to do this. Please fix this, thank you.

Even when the media library is hidden an opened file in Explorer is still not automatically added to the timeline. This makes it look like the program has completely ignored the user's request to open a file from Explorer. This is not user-friendly or functional.
Have you tried to enable "Tools / Preferences / Control / Synchronize media library list with files on timeline" setting? In this case the file opened in media library will be automatically be opened on the timeline?

when I try to start videosplitter via commandline. I can't find any way to add a videofile as a commandline parameter.
Please make before the file opening the file via command line the following setting: Tools / Preferences / Control / Synchronize media library list with files on timeline. Close the Video Splitter and try to open the file via command line again. In this case the file will be opened in the timeline.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 04:00:09 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

kloyner
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 01:56:44 AM »
I have the same problem generally when the video splitter ist opened by commandline. In TotalCommander I use the possibility to define an Editor for different filetypes. Since I buyed version 6 this way don't works anymore. I have the same effect , when I try to start videosplitter via commandline. I can't find any way to add a videofile as a commandline parameter. May be, I don't know the right way to use commandline parameters.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 08:33:20 PM »
When a file was opened from Explorer in version 5 it was automatically added to the timeline. I would like an option in version 6 to do the same thing. The synchronize option in the settings only makes it so that when a file is dragged to the timeline from Explorer or opened by clicking on the timeline and selecting the file manually, then it is added to the media library.

I want to be able to right-click a file in Explorer, open the file with video splitter, and have the file show up on the timeline without having to drag it to the timeline or having to click on the timeline. Right now there is no way to do this. Please fix this, thank you.

Even when the media library is hidden an opened file in Explorer is still not automatically added to the timeline. This makes it look like the program has completely ignored the user's request to open a file from Explorer. This is not user-friendly or functional.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:28:50 PM by lirikCLAP »