Author Topic: Freeze when loading video  (Read 27597 times)
  • Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 07:19:20 PM »
Hello mpfirnhaber,

Please try to open the file produced with Handbrake with version 6.1.1610.31 available for the dowload from the following link:

http://www.solveigmm.com/en/products/video-splitter/

We have opened 7 Gb file produced by Handbrake in Video Splitter without any issues with this version. Please let us know what will be the result on your side.

Thank you.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 05:54:13 PM »
Email sent, thanks. I'll report back here if a solution is found.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 03:54:05 PM »
Hello mpfirnhaber,

Thank you for your reply.

Please specify if you have tested Video Splitter ver. 6.0.1609.2 on the same file as we are - "S01E02 - Skull Forest.mkv". As this file opens ok on Windows 10 at our side.

We are waiting the email from you to support(at)solveigmm(dot)com for our Support Team could help you shortly as this problem seems to be specific for your system. Please write us.

Thank you.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »
I'm on Windows 10 Enterprise version 1607.

Yes, the program freezes when adding the video to the timeline. I can open the movie and see a small preview of it in the top left pane, but when I drag it down to the timeline, the cursor turns to the busy circle, and the program freezes. I have to force it to close using the Task Manager.

No luck with the latest beta. In fact, now videos that were working before have stopped working. Instead of causing the program to freeze when adding them to the timeline, they actually crash the program, and the Windows dialog comes up saying that the software has stopped working.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 09:44:46 PM »
Hello mpfirnhaber,

Please try to reinstall Video Splitter - possibly some components from the old version were not replaced while reinstallation.
Please do not forget to close application before the reinstallation. What is your operating system? Do you get this freezing again on adding the file from the Media to the Timeline, right?

I recommend to try to uninstall it from your computer at first (you can use Start -> All programs -> Solveig Multimedia -> SolveigMM Video Splitter Home Edition -> Uninstall  or Windows Control Panel).

After uninstall please make sure that all files in the folders below were removed from your computer

"C:\Program Files\Solveig Multimedia\SolveigMM Video Splitter Home Edition"
and
"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Solveig Multimedia"

If there will be any files in this folders please delete them manually from these folders.

Then you could install the product again.
Please use the link below to download the latest version 6.0.1609.2. We have tested this version on several our computers, and have not reproduced the freezing on all editing steps.

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_6_0_Beta.exe

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Business_Edition_6_0_Beta.exe
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 07:36:20 PM »
No change, the program freezes immediately.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2016, 06:36:03 PM »
Hello mpfirnhaber,

We have made some fixes, please try to use version available for the download here:

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Home_Edition_6_0_Beta.exe

http://www.solveigmm.com/download/SolveigMM_Video_Splitter_Business_Edition_6_0_Beta.exe

Please let us know if it works at you end now.

Thank you.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2016, 11:41:00 PM »
It sounds like you're saying the problem is with Handbrake, and there is nothing you can do to allow your software to processes the videos it creates. And yet the free version of your software processes the file just fine - only the paid version does not. Clearly the solution to this problem is within your control. But if your developers choose not to fix the paid version of the software so it processes these videos, then I ask that you please refund my purchase.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »
Hello mpfirnhaber,

Sorry for the possible inconveniences.

We've investigated the reason of such behaviour and would like to let you know that the file you have sent is not valid.

Video Splitter uses its default components to playback some kind of files and the component used to playback this file works ok with all other files, including produced by Handbrake at our side, but not this special yours file.

So we have concluded, that the file "S01E02 - Skull Forest.mkv" is not valid one and possible bug should be fixed on Handbrake support side.

Hope this was helpful for you.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »
How long are you suggesting it should take? Other videos I try open within a couple of seconds. I have let the program sit for 10 minutes after trying to open one of the files I created with Handbrake, and nothing changed.

I posted a link to a sample file nearly three weeks ago. The link is still working. Do you need something different?

What really irritates me about this situation is that my videos open fine in the free version of your software. But as soon as I send you money and get the paid version, it stopped working  >:(

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 08:43:10 PM »
Hello mpfirnhaber,

Please give us the sample of your file. You could upload it to e.g. Google drive.
Please note that it requires some time for file to be opened., so possibly there is the need to wait sometime until it will be opened.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 05:43:07 PM »
The program still hangs when opening MKV files created with Handbrake.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 03:24:24 PM »
Dear mpfirnhaber,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

Please try to use versions available for the download from the following links -speed of editing mkv files created from Handbrake was increased in it. Also it was fixed the hang on some MKV files opening there.

Will it help?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 05:29:45 PM by Olga Krovyakova »
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 05:43:11 AM »
Any updates? It has been two weeks since I purchased your software, and I still can't use it with my videos.

Is this the official support channel for your software, or do I need to be seeking help somewhere else?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 12:15:50 AM »
Hello mpfirnhaber,

Thank you a lot for the file and your patience.
We are investigating the issue.
As soon as there willbe any results, I'll write here.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia