Author Topic: Video Splitter 8 is out  (Read 14946 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2023, 02:18:50 AM »
It was a few months ago, but I wanted to note that Olga helped resolve my questions outside the forum via their usual Support channel.

Much thanks for helping clarify my options and I have upgraded to v8.0x, which has been very stable and capable.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 11:33:18 PM »
Dear Wade,

Thank you for your post.
We have sent you email with information on Video Splitter upgrade, please check your inbox.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2023, 12:00:55 PM »
So, it appears we can no longer purchase perpetual Home Editions, as v8 has been moved to subscription-only and can be used from up to five different computers (but, not at the same time.)

That might be useful for some use cases, but as a casual home user I don't need Video Splitter on multiple PCs, so will probably cling to v7.6 for now.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 01:39:41 PM »
Hello hurricane51,

Thank you for your question.

The "floating" license means that you can install Video Splitter on 5 different computers and register it with the same purchased license key, so there are 5 activations available. The usage is not simultaneously, so you need to close Video Splitter registered with such key on one computer to use it on another.

The floating license solves the issue for moving one license from one computer to another - now you can use it at 5 different computers, not simultaneously.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

hurricane51
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 11:23:18 AM »
What is a "floating" license?

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2022, 06:45:23 PM »
the news is a bit old but )

Video Splitter 8 is out with free edition, floating license for 5 PC, 4k in home edition, zooom, MXF support and many more features

read more on our blog
https://www.solveigmm.com/blog/en/video-splitter-8-new-features/

Regards,
Dmitry Vergeles
Solveig Multimedia