Author Topic: looking for simple video editing without re-encoding  (Read 46880 times)
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:04:55 AM »
Hello,
I just got a Hauppauge HD PVR which records H.264 video in ts, m2ts, or mp4 formats. Now I want to do some really simple cutting and splicing to trim off unwanted pieces. (Use case: removing commercials from TV shows.) Is there software that will let me do that without transcoding or re-encoding the video? I'm on Win normally but have access to Mac and Linux if necessary. Free options are preferred.
Thanks!
Hey there! Congrats on your new Hauppauge HD PVR! For simple cutting and splicing without transcoding or re-encoding, you might want to try out Avidemux. It's a free, open-source video editing software available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Avidemux supports various formats including TS, M2TS, and MP4, so it should work well with your recordings. It allows you to easily trim off unwanted parts of your videos, like commercials from TV shows, without the need for complicated transcoding processes. Give it a shot and see if it fits your needs! Happy editing! hill climb racing

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2024, 02:48:29 PM »
For cutting ads from TV shows without having to transcode or re-encode the video, you can use some of the following simple and free video trimming software:

Windows Movie Maker (Windows) quordle

Free video cutting software built into Windows.
Allows you to cut off unwanted parts easily.
No need to transcode or re-encode videos.

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2023, 03:59:53 PM »
Hello Hegman,

Thank you for your post.
Since version 4 of WMP Trimmer Plugin, the frame accurate editing available both in Home and Business Editions of WMP Trimmer Plugin.
Regards,
Olga Krovyakova
Solveig Multimedia

• Administrator
  • Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 02:29:35 PM »
Hello faelanstevie,

We have 3 products: SolveigMM Video Splitter, WMP Trimmer plug-in, AVI Trimmer + (freeware).
Each one of them supports mp4 / ts with AVC/H.264 video, however, the frame accurate trimming is available only in Video Splitter and WMP Trimmer Plug-in Business Edition.

• Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 03:20:52 PM »
Hello,
I just got a Hauppauge HD PVR which records H.264 video in ts, m2ts, or mp4 formats. Now I want to do some really simple cutting and splicing to trim off unwanted pieces. (Use case: removing commercials from TV shows.) Is there software that will let me do that without transcoding or re-encoding the video? I'm on Win normally but have access to Mac and Linux if necessary. Free options are preferred.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:22:57 PM by Maxim.Sakhankov »