SolveigMM Video Splitter is an easy to use and losless video editor that allows editing and joining files of various popular file formats, such as FLV, AVC/H264, MP4, MOV, AVCHD, MPEG-2, MKV, MPEG-1, AVI, WMV, MP3, WMA.
Since version 5 Video Splitter allows editing of MKV, AVI, MP4 and WEBM files with multiple audio tracks.
If you would like to, for example, save only valuable fragments from video files and save all or only some specific audio tracks of them, follow the steps below to find out how to edit MKV file with several audio streams using SolveigMM Video Splitter.
1. First, please download and install Video Splitter on your computer.
2. Start Video Splitter via its icon on the desktop or follow Start -> All Programs -> Solveig Multimedia -> SolveigMM Video Splitter Home Edition to open the program.
3. Now open the file that contains several audio tracks.There are several ways in which the original file can be opened.
To open the file use drag & drop in the main Video Splitter window or follow the menu item File -> Open Media File...
4. When the file with multiple audio tracks will be opened, you will see the "Please select streams for preview & trimming" window.
You can select here audio track for preview and what audio streams you would like to be presented in the output video file(s) after editing.
To enable the audio track for preview, click on the icon with the grey colored picture of an eye to make it enabled.
By default Video Splitter saves all audio tracks that are presented in MKV, AVI, MP4 and WEBM files. And preview the first audio track that is presented in the list of "Please select streams for preview & trimming" window. There are enabled, colorful pictures with scissors icon near such tracks.
If you would like to save only some specific audio tracks then you should disabled audio tracks that should not be presented in the output video file.
Assume we would like to save only one audio track from the video file with two audio streams. We will preview and edit the second audio track in English. Click on the icon with the enabled, colorful picture of scissors to make it disabled, of the gray color. On the screenshot below you see that we have disabled two streams for editing (2) and have selected the last English video track for the preview.
5. Now when all the desired audio tracks for saving were selected, click the "OK" button of the "Please select streams for preview & trimming" window.
Please note, you can change the audio tracks for saving by following to "Control" -> "Select streams..." menu item.
6. The video file will be opened in the product. Now it is necessary to select fragments you would like to be saved and deleted.
First of all mark the first fragment that you would like to be saved. Select time position of start using the Video Splitter's slider and the "Add marker" button or press the "M" hot key.
You can also use time fields of the marker to correct the time position of the marker by selecting the desired marker (it will be highlighted in the orange color) and manually entering the appropriate time of the marker.
7. Place the second marker of the fragment end time position. You will get the first fragment for saving or deleting.
8. Place by the same way markers of the start and stop time positions of all fragments for saving or deleting.
Now mark fragments you would like to be deleted. Use Video Splitter's slider to move to the fragment you would like to be deleted. It will be highlighted with the orange color.
Click the "Cut Out Selected Fragment" button or the "D" hot key or follow to "Edit" -> "Cut Out Selected Fragment" button.
After selecting of this command the fragment that is marked to be cutted out will be highlighted with the grey color.
9. Now when the all fragments are selected simply start the process of the editing to delete all unnecessary fragments. Press the "Trim" button, use "Ctrl + T" hot key or follow to "Edit" -> "Start Trimming" menu item.
10. After that the dialog box that offers selecting of the output folder and the name of the output file will be opened.
Please note, that this window also contains the "Select streams" button that opens the "Please select streams for preview & trimming" window for case if you would like to check the audio stream(s) that were selected for the saving or if you have decided to change the settings of the streams that are going to be saved.
Click the "Save" button of the dialog box window to start the editing process.
You will see the editing progress window that helps to understand when the editing process will be ended.
After the editing will be completed, you willl be able to open the resulted video file. The name of the output file will appear at the left "Output" area -> File item. Right mouse click on this name and select "Browse". You can also open the resulted video file in the Video Splitter and playback it in it.
You can also browse to the output file by following the"Tools" -> "Explore folder" -> "Output menu"item.
That's all! Now you have the resulted video file of the quality of original file with only valuable fragments and several audio tracks. Good luck with your editing projects and thank you for reading!