How to edit AVI file
By Olga Krovyakova - March, 27 2019
SolveigMM Video Splitter allows deleting unnecessary fragments from video file without video/audio quality loss. This guide explains how you can edit AVI file.
In our example we will edit initial AVI file by cutting off two fragments with frame accuracy in one pass.
1. Click the button or select the Open Media File... command in the File menu.
2. Select file to be edited.
3. Click the button to open the selected file.
4. Find the beginning of the first part of your movie using Video slider.
5. Click the Add marker button. You can also add the marker selecting the Set New Marker command of the contextual menu or using the [M] key. Then add the marker at the end of the fragment. Markers divide movie into several fragments (see Basic Terms). In our example we divide our movie into four fragments by adding markers in the required places.
Note: You can cancel the latest action you made. The Undo command of the Edit menu is intended for cancelling the last action. The command name also contains the name of the last action, e.g. Undo (Add Marker), see Figure 3. The Redo command of the Edit menu is used to perform the cancelled action. This command is inactive if no actions were undone. When the command is undimmed it contains the name of the last undone action (see Figure 3).
6. Select the fragment you want to cut off from the movie by clicking your left mouse button.
7. Click the button to mark the selected fragment as 'cut off'. The selected fragment will be marked with white color (see Basic Terms).
8. Select other fragments you want to cut off from the movie. In our example we marked the second fragment as 'cut off' as described in 7.
9. If you want to postpone the file editing, you can save the current project and continue your work later. Select the Save Project As... command of the File menu. The standard saving file window opens. The project will be saved in file with *.ssp format with the specified name.
10. To open the previously saved project select the Load Project... command of the File menu.
11. Select the project file.
12. Click the button to open the saved project.
13. Click the button to start the file processing.
14. Enter new file name in the appeared standard Save As window. Click the Save button. In the appeared window you will see current progress of file processing.
Olga Krovyakova is the Technical Support Manager in Solveig Multimedia since 2010.
She is the author of many text and video guidelines of company's products: Video Splitter, HyperCam, WMP Trimmer Plugin, AVI Trimmer+ and TriMP4.
She works with programs every day and therefore knows very well how they work. Сontact Olga via email@example.com if you have any questions. She will gladly assist you!