How to split MP3 file
By Olga Krovyakova - March, 27 2019
SolveigMM Video Splitter, product of Solveig Multimedia company, allows to process audio and video files of various formats. You can split your video or audio file into several fragments by using the tool that can also be used as MP3 splitter
This guide explains how to split MP3 file without audio quality loss.
1. Select the Open Media File command in the File menu to open an audio file. The Open window arises.
2. Select the required MP3 file by clicking your left mouse button on the name of the file.
3. Click the button to open the selected file.
4. Find initial moment of the fragment you want to split by moving the Video slider along the timeline.
5. Select the Add Marker command in the Edit menu to add marker in the beginning of the fragment. In this example we will split the last part of the file. If you want to save fragment with end that is not concide with the end of the file, set new marker at the required place.
6. Select the fragment you do not want to be splitted by your left mouse button clicking. The selected fragment will be marked with orange color. In Figure 2 the first fragment is selected.
7. Click the button to mark the selected fragment as 'cut off' fragment. The fragment will be marked with white color.
8. Select the fragment you want to be splitted. The selected fragment will be marked with orange color.
9. Click the button to start the splitting process. The Save As window arises.
10. In the appeared window select the folder where new file must be saved. Then enter the new file name in the File name: edit box.
11. Click the Save button.
To split another part of your MP3 file iterate the actions from 4 to 11 of this guide.
Additional information about processing video and audio files with other formats with help of SolveigMM Video Splitter you can find on the website.
Olga Krovyakova is the Technical Support Manager in Solveig Multimedia since 2010.
She is the author of many text and video guidelines of company's products: Video Splitter, HyperCam, WMP Trimmer Plugin, AVI Trimmer+ and TriMP4.
She works with programs every day and therefore knows very well how they work. Сontact Olga via email@example.com if you have any questions. She will gladly assist you!