How to cut out commercials from video
Depending on the file type SolveigMM Video Splitter can be used as a MPEG-2 Splitter, AVI Splitter, WMV Splitter, ASF Splitter.
This guide considers the simple scenario:
You want to clear the movie from commercials. This guide explains how to do that with SolveigMM Video Splitter in a few simple steps without video/audio quality degradation and in a couple of minutes.
- To open media file you want to process click Open button as shown on Figure 1 or choose menu item File->Open Media File.
2. The open file dialog will appear. Select your video file and click Open button (Figure 2).
File will be opened and you will see preview (Figure 3).
3. Find begining of the commercial with Video slider and click Add marker button.
Marker should arise at position you set (Figure 5).
4. Find end of the commercial with Video slider and click Add marker button again. Second marker will arise. (Figure 6)
5. Select fragment between markers and click Cut Off Selected Fragment button as shown on Figure 7.
The fragment will get white (Figure 8).
6. For next commercial repeat the same steps.
Find beginning of the commercial with Video slider and click Add marker button.
7. Find end of the commercial and click Add marker button.
8. Select fragment between markers and click Cut Off Selected Fragment button. Also you can click right mouse button on the selected fragment and choose Cut Off Selected Fragment in arised menu as shown on Figure 11 or you can choose main menu item Edit->Cut Off Selected Fragment as shown on Figure 12.
Repeat steps 3,4,5 for all commercials you want to cut off.
9. Push Trim button to start editing process (Figure 12). You will be asked for output file name.
10. During splitting sequence you will see the current progress (Figure 13).
If you want to clear your workspace for a time click Hide button. Then program will hide to system tray and will notify you about progress with baloon tip (Figure 14).