How to edit WMA file
By Olga Krovyakova - March, 26 2019
SolveigMM Video Splitter allows deleting unnecessary fragments from WMA file without audio quality loss. This guide explains how you can edit WMA file.
Understanding of some basic terms used in this guide will help you to start using SolveigMM Video Splitter in most comfortable way.
|Marker is set to a current cursor position.
|The selected marker is highlighted with yellow color.
Markers can be added or deleted. Such operations as deleting and positioning are applied to the selected markers only.
Fragment is a part of video (or audio) file limited by two markers to be removed or kept in a final movie, e.g. commercial block you want to cut off. Selected fragments are marked with orange color. Fragments marked as 'cut off' are colored with white color.
Examples of fragments are provided in table below:
|Color of Fragment
|This fragment was set to be deleted. It will not be presented in final movie
|This fragment was set to be kept. It will be presented in final movie
|This fragment was set to be deleted. It will not be presented in final movie. Yellow highlight means you can edit it (delete, set it to be kept, etc.)
|This fragment was set to be kept. It will be presented in final movie. Yellow highlight means you can edit it (delete, set it to be cut off, etc.)
Control Panel contains main tools for file processing.
Description of window elements is provided in table below.
|Button "Add Marker": Adds a new marker to current slider cursor position.
|Button "Remove Marker(s)": Removes a current marker or fragment.
|Button "Keep On Selected Fragment": Sets a fragment type.
|Button "Cut Off Selected Fragment": Sets a fragment type.
|Button "Invert": Inverts time line fragments.
|Button "Size": Calculate result file size (is available for AVI, MP3).
|Button "Trim": Starts trimming or Batch Processing (if batch queue has any task).
|Edit box of a left marker cursor time position. You can edit this value by manually.
|Edit box of a right marker cursor time position. You can edit this value by manually.
|Button "Zoom In": Increases a slider timeline resolution for more comfortable editing neighbor markers (*).
|Button "Zoom Out": Decreases a slider timeline resolution (*).
|Scale rate field, shows a current slider timeline resolution rate. "1X" means an original resolution without zooming.
(*) - To view timeline areas after Zoom In you can use a scroll bar (below a timeline slider) and "Alt + Left arrow" and "Alt + Right Arrow" hot keys.
In our example we will edit initial WMA file by cutting off two fragments in one pass.
1. Select the Open Media File... command in the File menu.
2. Select file to be edited.
3. Click the button to open the selected file.
4. Find the beginning of the first part of your movie using Video slider.
5. Click the Add marker button. You can also add the marker selecting the Set New Marker command of the contextual menu or using the [M] key. Then add the marker at the end of the fragment. Markers divide movie into several fragments (see Basic Terms). In our example we divide our file into four fragments by adding markers in the required places.
6. Select the fragment you want to cut off from the movie by clicking your left mouse button.
7. Click the button to set the selected fragment as 'cut off'. You can also select the Cut Off Selected Fragment command of the context menu. The selected fragment will be marked with white color (see Basic Terms).
8. Select other fragments you want to cut off from the movie. In our example we also marked the last fragment as 'cut off' as described in 7.
9. Click the button to start the file processing.
10. Enter new file name in the appeared Save As window.
11. Click the Save button. You will see the current progress of splitting.
The new saved file will not contain two fragments marked as 'cut off'.
Additional information about features of SolveigMM Video Splitter you can find on the website and in SolveigMM Video Splitter User Guide.
Olga Krovyakova is the Technical Support Manager in Solveig Multimedia since 2010.
She is the author of many text and video guidelines of company's products: Video Splitter, HyperCam, WMP Trimmer Plugin, AVI Trimmer+ and TriMP4.
She works with programs every day and therefore knows very well how they work. Сontact Olga via email@example.com if you have any questions. She will gladly assist you!