How To Split ASF File
SolveigMM Video Splitter, product of Solveig Multimedia company, allows to process video and audio files of various formats without video/audio quality loss. But this How-To is intended to explain how to split ASF file
Following the instructions set out below in this guide, you will be trained in splitting ASF files.
1. First of all it is necessary to select the file to be splitted. Select the Open Media File... command in the File menu to open a file.
2. Select the required ASF file by clicking your left mouse button on the name of the file.
3. Click the button to open the selected file or press [Enter] key.
4. Set the Video slider to the beginning of the fragment you want to split using the buttons on the panel. Also you can just move the Video slider in the required place of the video file.
5. Click the button to add marker in the beginning of the fragment.
6. Find the end of the fragment to be splitted moving the Video slider from one place to another. (After you deselected checkboxes you can do this accurate within the frame). And set the marker using [M] key.
7. Select the last fragment by clicking your left mouse button on it. The selecteg fragment will be marked with orange colour.
8. Click the button to mark the selected fragment as 'cut off' fragment. The fragment will be marked with white colour.
9. Mark the first fragment as 'cut off' using the button on the panel or the Cut Off Selected Fragment command in the Edit menu.
10. Select the fragment for splitting by clicking your left mouse button. Selected fragment will be marked with orange colour. (In our example the central fragment is selected).
11. Select the Start Trimming command in the Edit menu or press [Ctrl]+[T] keys to start trimming process.
12. In the appeared Save current fragment as... window select the folder where new file must be saved. Then enter the new file name in the File name: edit box.
13. Click the Save button. You will see the current progress of splitting in the appeared window.
To split another part of your ASF file repeat actions from 4 to 13 of this guide.
Additional information about features of SolveigMM Video Splitter you can find on the website and in SolveigMM Video Splitter User Guide.