How to Edit MOV file
SolveigMM Video Splitter can help you to fulfil varios editing tasks, e.g. removing adds from the recorded TV broadcast, get rid of explicit scenes, save the audio track and so on. It also allows to edit files of various formats. In this guideline you can learn how to edit MOV file.
Understanding of some basic terms used in this guide will help you to start using SolveigMM Video Splitter in most comfortable way.
||Marker is set to a current cursor position.|
||The selected marker is highlighted with yellow color.|
Markers can be added or deleted. Such operations as deleting and positioning are applied to the selected markers only.
Fragment is a part of video (or audio) file limited by two markers to be removed or kept in a final movie, e.g. commercial block you want to cut off. Selected fragments are marked with orange color. Fragments marked as 'cut off' are colored with white color.
Examples of fragments are provided in table below:
|Color of Fragment||Description|
|This fragment was set to be deleted. It will not be presented in final movie|
|This fragment was set to be kept. It will be presented in final movie|
|This fragment was set to be deleted. It will not be presented in final movie. Yellow highlight means you can edit it (delete, set it to be kept, etc.)|
|This fragment was set to be kept. It will be presented in final movie. Yellow highlight means you can edit it (delete, set it to be cut off, etc.)|
Control Panel contains main tools for file processing.
|Window Element||Description||Shortcut Key|
||Button "Add Marker": Adds a new marker to current slider cursor position.||
||Button "Remove Marker(s)": Removes a current marker or fragment.||
||Button "Keep On Selected Fragment": Sets a fragment type.||
||Button "Cut Off Selected Fragment": Sets a fragment type.||
||Button "Invert": Inverts time line fragments.||
||Button "Size": Calculate result file size (is available for AVI, MP3).||
||Button "Trim": Starts trimming or Batch Processing (if batch queue has any task).||
||Edit box of a left marker cursor time position. You can edit this value by manually.|
||Edit box of a right marker cursor time position. You can edit this value by manually.|
||Button "Zoom In": Increases a slider timeline resolution for more comfortable editing neighbor markers (*).||
||Button "Zoom Out": Decreases a slider timeline resolution (*).||
||Story board Off/On: turn off/on the story board|
|Save current fragment as: saves the selected fragment|
|Save All fragments as: saves all selected fragment on the timeline|
(*) - To view timeline areas after Zoom In you can use a scroll bar (below a timeline slider) and "Alt + Left arrow" and "Alt + Right Arrow" hot keys.
1. Open your file by clicking on the Input button of the main Video Splitter window.
2. In the standart Windows Explorer window select the file fotr editing.
3. Click the OK button to open the selected file.
4. Use Video slider, the marker cursor or the left time editing box to navigate to the beginning of the fragment.
5. To set the beginning of the fragment click the Add marker button.
Note: Video Splitter provides possibility yo undo/redo the last action. Use appropriate command od the Edit menu. In the spaces you can see what exactly action you can undo/redo (see Figure 3).
6. Add by the same way three another markers. You will get the timeline with four fragments.
7. Assume you would like to postpone the file editing later. For such situation Video Splitter allows to save the current project and then open it later in the program to continue the work. To save project go to Save Project As... command of the File menu. Specify the file name and choose the name of your project, the project will be saved in file with *.ssp format.
12. Enter new files name in the appeared standard Save As window. Click the Save button. In the appeared window you will see current progress of file processing.