How to split WAV file
Splitting an audio file in several fragments can be necessary if e.g. you want to split an audio book file to carry it on an USB drive, to share some favorite moments of an audio track with your friends by uploading them to Facebook or just split a big sized file to upload it to some file host service.
Our software tool for executing this task quite easily and fast is the SolveigMM Video Splitter. It supports editing WAV files as well as FLV, AVC/H264, MP4, MOV, AVCHD, MPEG-2, MKV, MPEG-1, AVI, WMV, MP3, WMA files.
Just follow the simple steps described below to get fragments of a WAV file with just a few mouse clicks.
1) Download and run Video Splitter.
2) Now open the .WAV file for editing. Just drag-and-drop the file to the Video Splitter main window or use File menu -> Open Media File... and select the .WAV file in the opened dialog box.
3) Now select fragments for editing. Use slider and "Add marker" button (or "M" hot key) to mark one or several beginning and end positions of fragments for saving.
4) Right mouse click on the time line and select "Save all fragments as" button.
5) In the opened dialog box select the folder to save the fragments to and click the "Save" button.
The editing process will start. You'll see the progress window showing the status of the editing task and at the end a notification of the completed task.