How To Split WMV File
SolveigMM Video Splitter, product of Solveig Multimedia company, allows people interested in video processing to cut, trim and split files with various audio and video content(AVI, WMV, ASF, MPEG-2, WMA, MP3). You can use SolveigMM Video Splitter for different purposes. For example to cut off several fragments with commercials per pass.
This guide explains how to split your WMV file with SolveigMM Video Splitter (WMV Splitter) in a couple of minutes without video/audio quality degradation. In our example we will split the central part of the movie.
1. First of all it is necessary to select the file to be splitted. To open a file click the button shown in Figure 1. You can also use the Open Media File command in the File menu.
2. Select the required file by clicking your left mouse button on the name of the file.
3. Click the button to open the selected file.
4. Find the beginning of the movie fragment you want to split by moving Video slider from one place to another.
5. Click the Add marker button. You can also add the marker selecting the Set New Marker command of the contextual menu shown in Figure 3, or using the the [M] key.
6. Find the end of the fragment to be splitted and add the marker. So in Figure 2 you can see three fragments of the movie.
7. If you want to split the central part of the movie, click your left mouse button on the end fragment. The selected fragment will be marked with orange colour.
8. Click the button to cut off the selected fragment. You can also cut off the fragment selecting the Cut Off Selected Fragment command of the contextual menu or using the the [D] key. Fragment will be marked with white colour.
9. Select the first fragment with your left mouse button and cut it off using the button on tha panel or the Cut Off Selected Fragment of the conextual menu (Figure 3).
10. Click your left mouse button on the central fragment to be splitted.
11. Click the Trim button.
12. In the appeared Save current fragment as... window select the folder where new file must be saved. Then enter the new file name File name: edit box.
13. Select the checkbox if you want to add the task to batch queue. If the checkbox is deselected, the splitting process will be started immediately after the you click Save button..
14. Click the Save button. You will see the current progress of splitting in the appeared window.
That's done you got a part of your initial WMV file!
You can split your video file into different parts, it will be easy. Just repeat the actions from step 4 to step 14 for each fragment and enjoy your favourite fragments of the video with friends!