How to delete sound from MPEG-1, MPEG-2 files in batch or console mode
By Olga Krovyakova - March, 29 2019
There are situations when it is necessary to remove the sound on certain fragments of the movie, for example if it is background noise or you just need to get the video without sound. SolveigMM Video Splitter can easily cope with this task.
Just follow steps of this guide:
If you want to delete sound entirely from the movie:
1) Open your file in Video Splitter
2) Press "Trim" button and check "Save video track only" checkbox as you can see on the picture below:
Or choose "MPEG-2 Video Elementary Stream" from "Save as type" combobox.
3) Press "Save" button
If you want to use Batch Manager to perform several tasks:
1) Define the fragment from which you would like to save video content using markers or "Add Marker" button.
2) Move cursor to select fragment with desired video fragment. It should be of yellow color.
3) To add task to the Batch Manager:
Go to "Tools" -> Batch Manager -> click on "Add Task To Batch Queue" item or press "A" button.
Or right mouse click on the fragment and select "Add Task To Batch Queue" item.
4) Check "Save video track only" checkbox or choose "MPEG-2 Video Elementary Stream" from "Save as type" combobox as depicted on the first two pictures.
5) Go to Tools -> Batch Manager -> Start Batch Processing.
You can do it also from the Batch Manager window. To open it go to Tools -> Batch Manager -> Show Batch Manager or press "B" button.
You will see the progress bar.
When the process of trimming will be completed you will see this message:
You can also perform the task of batch file processing using console mode.
1) Save your file by choosing Tools -> Batch Manager -> Save Batch List As
2) Launch "Far Manager" program
3) Go to C:\Program Files\Solveig Multimedia\SolveigMM Video Splitter and choose SMM_BatchSplit.exe in the opened list
4) Enter the location of your saved batch file in the black bottom line of Far Manager window
5) Press the "Enter" button
6) The black window of console mode should appear.
When the process in this window will end the task will be completed.
Olga Krovyakova is the Technical Support Manager in Solveig Multimedia since 2010.
She is the author of many text and video guidelines of company's products: Video Splitter, HyperCam, WMP Trimmer Plugin, AVI Trimmer+ and TriMP4.
She works with programs every day and therefore knows very well how they work. Сontact Olga via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. She will gladly assist you!