Zond 265 version history
05 September 2019 4.7.1909.5
- Decoded picture buffer (DPB) visualization for HEVC video
- Saving YUV frame data via the context menu on the preview image area
- HEVC validation false alarms for sps_max_dec_pic_buffering_minus1 and BufferingPeriod SEI
09 July 2019 4.6.1907.9
- Ability to open HEVC files with no intra frames (Gradual Decoder Refresh or GDR files)
- Ability to open single frame HEVC files
- "Bitstream" tab flickering
- Incorrect decoded frame preview for HEVC files with "GBR" color matrix option
- Memory leaks for files with MPEG2, AVC and AV1 video
- False alarms of HEVC validation (when checking "field_seq_flag" and HRD buffer fullness)
- Unsupported files opening do not result in application hang up
01 April 2019 4.5.1904.1
- Updated AV1 decoder (Windows version, compatible with reference software AOM 1.0.0, commit date 2018-12-25, 9b1252eab0616d2c1f6d7990c6256441c0b6483f)
- Added support of MP4 and MPEG Dash files with AV1 video (Windows version)
- Decoding artifacts on some files with AVC video
- Crashes on files with multiple slices AVC video
- Opening files with non-ansi characters in path
- Crashes on positioning during VMAF values calculation
- Incorrect VMAF values on files with interlaced HEVC video
- Decoded picture overlays scaling on high DPI displays
20 November 2018 4.4.1811.20
- Interlaced HEVC video support
- No-reference PSNR for AVC video
- Average quality metric values over the entire stream
- MPEG-TS files multiplexed with packets size greater than 188 bytes now can be opened correctly
- Ability to open HEVC streams without IDR/CRA/BLA NAL units
18 May 2018 4.1.1805.18
- Wrong MB tab content after positioning inside DPB on AVC/H.264 files
29 March 2018 4.1.1803.29
- Netflix VMAF metric for quality estimation supported. Quality estimation comparing original YUV file with preloaded video file by Netflix's Video Multimethod Assessment Fusion (VMAF) metric
06 March 2018 4.0.1803.6
- AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) codec is compatible with reference software 2018.03.06
- Translucent overlays QP, TU, RefIdx for MPEG-2 and AV1 codecs
- Predicted and residual pictures for MPEG-2 codec
- Quality metrics (PSNR, SSIM) calculation for MPEG-2 and AV1 codecs
- Interlaced 4:2:2 frames displayed incorrectly for MPEG-2 video streams
- Problems with backward order frame decoding for MPEG-2 video streams
28 December 2017 4.0.1712.28
- AOMedia Video 1 (AV1) codec is supported in WebM format. Compatible with reference software 2017.12.21
- MPEG-2 codec is supported as video elementary stream
- HEVC Screen Content Coding Extension (SCC) supported
- MP4 Dash segmented and fragmented format is supported for HEVC and AVC
- Reports generation in CVS or JSON in GUI with adjustable level of reporting (frame stats, headers, coding unit, PSNR, etc.)
- GoPro HD5 MP4 AVC files couldn't be opened
- Some issues with report generation for AVC from CLI
- AVC: intra PU mode for 16x16 was wrong
15 May 2017 3.7.1705.15
- Possibility to evaluate a version even when the evaluation period of a previous version is finished
- Problems with opening a second file when Zond 265 is started
- Wrong Intra PU modes for size 16x16 on AVC/H.264 files
20 April 2017 3.7.1704.20
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) Detection and Analysis. Frame-by-frame parsing and interpretation of SEI units into discrete Frame Information.
- Hypothetic Reference Decoder (HRD) Buffer Flow: Instant insights into buffer occupancy – available from the interface and through CLI reports.
- Comprehensive File Info in a Single Source, including profile, level, chroma subsampling, bit depth, resolution, aspect ratio, bitrate, frame rate, HDR information, compression efficiency, and GOP length statistics.
- Bitrate Histogram. Bitrate peak values update every second in the course of consecutive frame reading.
16 March 2016 3.1.1603.16
- Automatic update checking in Windows version
- MP4 file cannot be opened if some of its frames have size more than 2 MB
- Problems with license activation if license file was assigned to disabled network adapter
03 March 2016 3.1.1603.3
- Support of MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 12) file format for HEVC/H.265 and AVC/H.264 video streams
- Wrong preview picture on frames with dimensions not multiple of 4
12 February 2016 3.1.1602.12
- Increased speed with translucent overlays of the image of encoded file (PU, TU, QP, Bits, RefIdx, PSNR) for high-resolution files: the mapping, scaling, responds to mouse movement
- Added data in the generated report in the console mode: average PSNR and SSIM for the whole file, file size, duration, bitrate
- PDF specification file was not displayed
- Extra blank lines in the report file were removed
- Fixed the crash on files with the data of HRD model if there are some pic_timing SEI missed
- Fixed a problem with opening a HEVC file if it does not begin with a key frame, but with the frame with a large value of the Picture Order Count
- Displaying of an error message when opening an unsupported file
- The current marker was not updated sometimes
08 September 2015 3.1.1509.8
- Frame Stats tab displays Luma/Chroma Intra Prediction Mode Statistics
- Intra Prediction Mode Statistics report from CLI
- Zond 265 now launches in NW.js runtime instead of web-browser
17 June 2015 3.0.1506.17
- HEVC stream validation conformance according to the specification in GUI and CLI available
- Compatible with the reference software HM 16.5
- New HRD building mode. CPB fullness analysis based on SEI messages of the stream
- GOP length statistics
- Expansion of NAL unit headers in Bitstream tab
- Specific highlight of key frames on Frame Bars tab
- Simplified management of personal and floating licenses activation
- Added GUI managing to license server ( before only CLI was available )
- Added information to clients which IPs uses ZOND currently (for floating license)
- Write access to "Program Files" no longer required for activation
26 December 2014 2.0.1412.26
- HEVC stream errors detection. Available in an “Error” tab and as CLI report
- Mac OS X version of ZOND for HEVC streams
- Support of MPEG-2 Transport Stream for HEVC/H.265 and AVC/H.264 streams
- H.264/AVC support in a release mode
- Compatible with the reference software HM 16.2
- Support of 4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:0:0 chroma format for HEVC
- Support of 10 bits video compression for HEVC
- Delivering Short Term Reference Picture Set in Frame info Tab
- Optimized CLI reports generation process for more than one simultaneous reports per run
09 October 2014 1.9.1410.9
- Compatible with the reference software HM 14
- 4K big optimization. 5 times faster handling UltraHD 4K files. Testing PC Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 7 x64 comparing with 1.8.1407.29
- H.264/AVC video elementary streams supported in a beta mode
- CLI reports can have now CU data for entire frame, frame and stream statistics
- Saving as a YUV files different stages of picture decoding in command line mode: final, after deblock, before deblock, residual, predicted
- Resizable layout. Now it can be shrinked with no minimal size of a width
- If a stream had cropping requirements, wrong quality metrics would be calculated
- Quality metrics were not calculated if YUV file had 1 frame
- It could crash if two different HEVC files were loaded in two ZOND instances / browser tabs
- Some streams errors handling added
- Fixed table sorting in a Frame Stats tab
- Wrong scrolling when expanding bitstream header
- Info about pixel number predicted from a definite reference picture is missed
- Some routines didn’t operate properly in Internet Explorer of versions 8-12
- Sometimes navigating through HEX hanged Zond
- Sometimes headers values contained garbage
29 July 2014 1.8.1407.29
- Quality estimation comparing original YUV file with preloaded HEVC file by PSNR and MSSIM metrics
- Quality graph to show separate PSNR /MSSIM values for separate Y, U,V channels Visual map of PSNR for a frame coded tree blocks (CTB)
- HEVC specification quotes for most of syntax elements. Just put a mouse pointer to any element name and get an information scope or open a specification at the necessary place (the specification should be downloaded and placed to a necessary folder)
- Linux 32 and 64 bits versions of Zond 265 are available. The distributive operates on Ubuntu version 12.04 and above
- Command line interface for quality estimation
- Showing a residual picture type
- Playback ability enabled
- Copying a bitstream slice in detail to a clipboard
- Compatible with HM13 and previous HMs starting from HM 10.01
- Floating license server shows names of PCs / IP addresses of a current users
- Optimized HEVC files opening and processing. It works 50-60 % faster than previous version
- Improved Zond operating stability. Fixed many crashes and hangs
- Improved last frame navigation in case it is not complete
- Fixed. TU partition was sometimes shown overlapped
- Fixed. Wrong handling of frames with negative POC after IDR
05 December 2013 1.5.1312.05
- Hex viewer displays file contents in binary and hexadecimal formats with the abilities to search and navigate.
- Hex pannel is fully movable, resizable and hidable.
- Hex viewer is synchronized with a bitstream tab and highlights header blocks and bitstream header bits. It has been significantly optimized compared to betas and demos.
- Added the support for reading HEVC streams from MPEG transport streams in a beta vesion.
- Compatible with the reference software HM 12.1.
- Opening file procedure was optimized. Now it works faster for large files.
- Optimized action responses for large files: mouse clicks, data showing.
- 1 frames stream could not be opened.
- Open file dialog has now OnTop property as it happened that is didn't arise.
- Calling a nonexistent file from a history didn't deliver an error.
- Hanging on some large files.
- Crashes on some files.
- Display order was shown incorrectly if slice_pic_order_cnt_lsb had some skips.
- Stream statistics parsing moved to a separate procedure. It is managed in Stream Stats tab. Can be paused and resumed.
20 June 2013 1.4.1306.20
- Compatible with reference software HM 11
18 February 2013 1.4.1302.18
- Compatible with reference software HM 10
- Shows video parameter set (VPS) structure
- Shows supplemental enhancement information (SEI)
- Extended stream statistics - CU types, Reference pictures, Intra/Inter PU sizes, TU (Y / Cb / Cr) sizes
- Sorting frame / stream statistics elements (residuals, mvd, etc.) by default order or by percentage
- Shows a progress while file loading / parsing
- A zoom mode changed. A filter was applied that altered visual pixels in a picture zoomed in. Cancelled
- Zond is now automatically launched in Google Chrome (if installed) despite of what browser is default one.
- New values in fields of HRD Buffer (bitrate, framerate. etc. ) are updated by Enter keyboard button (as well as by “Rebuild”)
- “Recent Files” drop-down list is not any more closed if a mouse pointer goes up
- Sometimes if to close Zond browser tab, the process was not killed and remained running
- Sometimes Intra 64x64 blocks were depicted with incorrect additional subpartition at PU / CU overlay grid
04 December 2012 1.3.1212.4
- Compatible with reference software HM 9.1
- Picture tiles partitioning bounds. Layout menu-> "Tile Boundaries" button
- Tile index information in CU tab
- Stream statistics. Bitrate, average frame size, I/P/B frame size
- Performance optimization while stream loading
- Extended frame statistics (frame stats tab). Compression efficiency: number of bits, bits per bin, bits per pixel, compression ratio, motion vectors per pixel
29 October 2012 1.2.1210.29
- Compatible with reference software HM 8.2
- Highlighting of reference frames for selected CUs. Pointer is shown below frame bars as a small colored angle. Its color specifies an offset of a reference frame from a current one in display order and it changes from green (nearest distance) to red (longest one).
- Highlighting of reference frames for a selected frame. Pointer is shown below frame bars as a small colored bar. Its color specifies an offset of a reference frame from a current one in display order and it changes from green (nearest distance) to red (longest one).
- Reference indexes overlay for CUs. Menu->“Compression details”->”Bits”
- More detailed map of bits and quantizers. Now it is shown for SCU instead of LCU (was in previous version). If the numbers don’t fit to cell, they are not depicted. To see them just zoom in a picture
- Extended frame elements statistics. Percentage of CU types (intra/inter), reference pictures, PU (intra/inter) of different sizes (4x8, 4x16, 8x4 etc.), TU(Y/U/V) of different sizes. The table can be sorted by elements name, percent or bits. Appropriate headers are clickable
- Timeline “Times” option added in format of hour:mins:sec;msec
- Ability to save a frame as IYUV file. It’s available for different picture modes – Predict, Before/After deblocking, Final. That works through clicking of right mouse button to a picture area or a picture bar and using “Save frame as YUV data” button
- Adjustable showing frame elements statistics as a bits-graphic overlaid to frame bars
- Zooming and moving picture area by mouse (wheel – zoom, left button - moving)
- Highlighting selected CU after zooming
- 64 bits version gets available. It allows analyzing of big resolution streams ( > 4K).
- Frame statistics is shown as performance chart instead of pie chart.
- Reference indexes overlay for CUs ( instead of LCUs). Menu->“Compression details”->”Bits”
- A color for skipped blocks in PU partitions. Not it’s grey instead of yellowish (in version 1.1)
- A color scheme for CU blocks in “Reference Indexes” mode. Now skipped blocks are grey
- Renamed elements of CU; L to L0; L to L1; V to MV (Motion Vector); D to MVD (Motion Vector Difference); P to MVP(Predicted Motion Vector); I to merge_idx (order number in a candidate list)
- In time-consuming actions mouse pointer indicates “thinking”
- Operating in Firefox and IE (starting from 8). For best performance Google Chrome is recommended
- Delivers error message in case of if can’t allocate enough memory. For working with a big resolution streams, 64 bit version is recommended.
09 August 2012 1.1.1208.9
- Compatible with reference software HM 8.0
01 August 2012 1.1.1208.1
- Compatible with reference software HM 7.2
06 July 2012 1.1.1207.6
- Сompatible with reference software HM 7.1rc1
- HRD Buffer analyzing
- Frames navigation modes: decoding (stream) order; output (display) order; by K-Frames; I-Frames; I,P frames. Layout menu->”Navigation modes” button
- Slices bounds. Layout menu->” Slices Boundaries” button
- Map of bits for largest coding units. Menu->“Compression details”->”Bits”. The darker LCU is the lesser its size and vice versa.
- Reference indexes overlay. Menu->“Compression details”->”Bits”
- Additional coding units info: predicted motion vectors, merge candidates, difference of MV and PMV. Tab “CU”: P(x,y) of L0,L1 lists; merge_idx (order number in a candidate list); D(x,y) of L0,L1 lists, correspondingly.
- Combined transform partition grid for separate components - Y, Cb,Cr. Menu->”Prediction partitions” button
- Shows an opened file, list of recently opened files, copies a file name to a clipboard, opens an input folder. Upper left part of layout
- Memory usage optimization
- If unfold a header to be at the bottom of a bitstream list, it’s moved upwards to show its data
- Timeline ruler in frames added
- Information panel with tabs became resizable
- Timeline and Information panels can be hidden maximizing picture preview
- Notices a version of the reference software Zond is compatible with. Upper right part of layout
- Motion vectors get depicted more clearly
28 June 2012 1.0.1206.28
- Compatible with reference software HM 7.1rc1
22 May 2012 1.0.1205.22
- Compatible with reference software HM 7.0rc2
10 May 2012 1.0.1205.10
- Compatible with reference software HM 6.3
05 May 2012 1.0.1205.05
- Compatible with reference software HM 6.2 r2238
- Frame navigation based on frames bars in decoding or display order
- Frames size histogram
- Color highlighting of different kind of frames (I, B, P).
- Marking of reference frames for a current picture
- Visual presentation of data from all levels of a video stream and decoding stages
- Showing all headers with a content.
- Showing Headers sizes and offsets within a stream
- Highlighting of a slice and related headers (SPS, PPS, etc.) of a current frame
- Showing pixels predicted, reconstructed, after deblocking and adaptive loop filtration
- Showing CU data: coordinates, dimension and bit-size
- Color highlighting different types of CUs (Inter, Intra)
- Showing PU data: a spatial prediction mode of intra PU luma and chroma components
- Showing inter PU’s motion vectors, reference lists, reference indexes.
- Showing TU data: dimension and offset within CU. Luma and chroma coefficients before de-quantization.
- Overlay a frame with a CU, PU or TU grid and motion vectors
- Showing bits distribution statistics to be used while encoding of CU, PU and TU data (skip_mb_flag, merge_flag, mvd, cbf_luma, etc.). Displaying results as a pie chart and table