It wouldn’t come as a surprise to state that video editing is a matter of vogue these days. That is to say of its ever-rising popularity among amateurs, beginners, and newbies being able to stand against industry professionals. The reason for this is pretty much simple, a vast amount of relatively easy-to-use and easy-to-learn video editing software is available for free or at quite an affordable price.
Moreover, many of you are probably very much aware of various formats out there, such as avi, flv, wmv, mov, mp4 just to name a few of them. In contrast, the last one in that list, mp4 is very likely to be the leader, being the most commonly used by everyone. Yet, the trick is that not all video editors actually support mp4 video editing.
Technically speaking, it is vitally important for you that the best mp4 video editor of your choice supports all mp4 formats along with offering a user-friendly interface together with professional tools, options, and features you are interested in. Sorry, in case this makes your life a bit complicated at this stage but making the right choice at this moment of life should save you a great deal of trouble and complexity later. For sure, you don’t want to end up in the situation when you’ve accomplished a somewhat significant amount of work but all of a sudden forced to play around with formats and codecs instead of enjoying the joy of a finished project.
We do hope that the following list should be of much help to yourself, not having to sort the net and waste time and effort.
SolveigMM Video Splitter
First of all, it is crucial to bear in mind that this software is compatible with both Windows and Mac, but functionality may slightly differ in each case; hence we do suggest you check your particular case respectively.
Other than that, SolveigMM Video Splitter aggregates the best of two worlds, aiming to avoid common market mistakes of rival products. Please see for yourself:
- Features all traits of universal content manager;
- Pretty good in all of these – trimming, slicing, merging of video files;
- Has a good appetite for almost all audio and video formats;
- MP4 very friendly;
- Numerous audio tracks within one file is not a problem;
- Losses during the editing process are almost impossible because the process itself is well-protected and backed up by the app;
- Offers an excellent level of editing accuracy;
- Data integrity is maintained at an impressive speed;
- Slicing of the video comes in the suitable form, i.e., fragments, duration, and size;
- Lovely straightforward and self-explaining interface at your service;
- Manuals are provided, but you may hardly need them due to simplicity;
- No misbalance between input and output quality;
- No re-encoding takes place during the editing process, allowing for much better speed and performance;
- Free trials are available, whereas licensing is also quite flexible and fair;
- We can proudly recommend this product to all user levels in terms of their professionalism and past experience.
Overall, in case you are still hesitating, please have a more detailed read of the technical spec and its nuances, but if not, the best next move is to try it in practice. Mind you; a very flexible subscription policy should not allow you to lose anything in terms of commitment, whereas potential gains shall prevail.
You can probably guess by means of the app’s name who is the parent of the software, making it the simplest choice in choosing mp4 editor for mac. Indeed, it is good for all types of Apple devices, laptops, and desktops. Importantly, it comes for free to all happy mac users, but the problem is that the editing tools level is pretty much basic, being mp4 fully compatible, though.
In more detail, the perks are:
- The interface is simple, clean, and self-explaining;
- Suitable for beginners, but professionals may have a different preference;
- Employs pretty simple storyboard workflow;
- Provides access to music and photo libraries, minimizing the need to involve additional resources;
- Despite basic tools still allows for cool films making;
After all, it is provided by Apple and with Apple products, free of charge, never mind the price of Apple gadgets.
Another great tool available on the market, offering a great choice of paid and free versions, yet, the free of charge one doesn’t really differ much from the paid one, unless you are into really advanced features, like stereoscopic output, project sharing, or timeline rendering.
It should be admitted that this mp4 video editor has a number of significant advantages, catching the eye of amateur and professional video enthusiasts:
- Offers professional non-linear editing system;
- 2K and 4K resolutions available as well as other;
- Compatible with all major operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux;
- Video and audio files are seamlessly trimmed, imported, and weaved together;
- Television in high-definition formats.
On the whole, not much to be complained about really but probably the matter of personal choice and taste.
You can probably guess that this app is not an mp4 video editor in its pure sense. We would rather classify it as some sort of hidden mp4 video editor within the Windows 10 operating system. Its operating characteristics are close to Windows Movie Maker, in case you are familiar with it.
Despite not much expectations, it can be used to trim videos, cut mp4 videos in Windows, make slide shows, or basic home videos. Functionality is relatively straightforward due to its limitations of use.
Anyways, in case you are a Windows 10 user, it is there, mp4 video editor for Windows available for you in any case.
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe is a well-deserved household name on the market, offering a wide range of products, including this professional mp4 video editor, in a way even setting an industry-standard as to features and functionality. However, not being that easy to use and certainly must pay for the product.
The most obvious perks include the following nuances:
- Potent tool suitable for a project of almost any caliber;
- Allows for VR media editing;
- Background noise removal tool;
- Ideal for running a number of different projects at a time;
- Allows switching between those projects seamlessly;
- Constantly developing and evolving video editing software;
All in all, it is an advanced, expensive app, which is probably closer to relatively high-level professional use, requiring much experience and skills as well as expectations of some particular result at the end. That is to say; it is more of a niche product, certainly not diminishing its advances.
Windows Movie Maker
It is worth beginning with a simple statement about this product – it is a discontinued video editing software, no longer available to download from the Microsoft website.
For sure, it can be used as a simple mp4 editor but as any discontinued item; it lacks adequate technical support and essential upgrades.
It is also known for some bugs and mistakes, but there is not much room for maneuver due to the stated in the above prime reason.
Movavi Video Editor Plus
Generally speaking, the app is pretty good due to its self-explains functionality and user-friendly interface. There is no need to be a field expert to edit an mp4 recording but rather stand upon one’s intuition and basic video editing skills.
The app offers a range of advantages, such as:
- Imported mp4 video files can be cropped and rotated;
- Relatively high-level special effects can be used;
- Works well with both macOS and Windows;
- Basic and advanced industry-standard video editing functions are available.
However, the major limitation is that all of the above are subject to quite a limited free trial period, which in its turn also doesn’t include the product’s full functionality. At the end of the day, even free things are to be paid for at some point.
Anyways, we do hope the above list has provided you with some food for thought so that it makes sense to switch to some mp4 video editing technical moments.
MP4 video editing explained: simple and straightforward as 1,2,3
The following simple instructions may not reinvent a bicycle to those familiar with the subject but rather point out the key steps within the mp4 video editing process.
- Technically speaking, you should make up your mind with the software you are going to use and video files to be edited.
- Then, you should trim and arrange those files in the timeline of your video editing app, followed by transitions, text, graphics, special effects, etc., depending on your choice and functionality of the mp4 editor.
- Moreover, add on some music, audio tracks, or sound effects, in case you need to, making sure that everything runs smoothly and in line with each other.
Boom – export your finished video product and seek the master of video editing glory.
However, as you have probably noticed, not all mp4 editors offer the same range of options, tools, and capabilities. On the other hand, you may not need the full spec, but it makes every sense to be aware of the essential lots of things to choose from.
The List of Essential Features To Look For in MP4 Video Editing Software
It should be noted that there are probably so-called industry standard-setting mp4 video editing software available on the market, being the pioneers of mp4 video editing tools in terms of functionality, creativity, popularity, and reliability. However, there is no cross-section as such in terms of functionality but more of a suggestion of feature to look for, choosing mp4 video editing software.
In particular, we would like to suggest paying attention to the following list of features to be included in the mp4 editor of your choice:
- Relatively easy and efficient set of trim, join, and slice tools;
- Option to add text and titles;
- Room for transitions and video effects;
- Availability of motion graphics;
- Nice to have video stickers;
- Definitely include color correction tools;
- Must-have, audio tools;
- Wouldn’t hurt to have access to video templates;
- More advanced but still AI editing tools;
- Free of charge stock libraries.
Again, you may not need all of the above or at least not in-depth, but still, it is nice to know that mp4 video of your choice includes them should you ever need it, depending upon the progress of your personal video editing progress or complexity of your project.
Are there any limitations in tasks you can use the MP4 editor for?
Well, the sky is the limit in case you are on the right track. That is to suggest that you are fully equipped with the mp4 editor app of the right choice for the job, full of optimism and eager to learn and deliver impressive results.
However, the moment to watch out for is the loss of quality during the video editing process, which seems to be quite an issue for all kinds of video editors.
Is there a trick, how to edit MP4 videos without loss of quality?
It is worth, to begin with, a suggestion to seek technological advances of the program to edit mp4 videos, allowing for the lossless video editing process and proper backup. SolveigMM Video Splitter is the one ringing the bells in this case.
However, talking of general techniques and overall attitude towards video editing process, quite common issue rests upon video files size, which may cause some severe problems for uploading and hosting.
The most apparent solution is to pay attention to the video resolution, as there are many cases when high resolution is not really needed. Also, do pay attention to the length of the video, especially in the case of high resolution. You may also seek for mp4 to mp3 editor.
Even more to this, since we are living in a world of overcrowded informational space, it makes more sense to make videos watchable, talking of their compact sizes.
Finally, you’ve got an option to compromise on audio, in case it is not essential, using subtitles or something.
Overall, professionalism comes with experience and time spent practicing your existing skills and learning new ones. For sure, having the right tools for the job should really speed up this process.